Question about CounterStrike Source

headpred

FS Member
I was given a brand new counter strike source game that comes with half-life 2 and day of defeat online access. I do not have the internet at home so I cannot play it. I used a usb flash drive to download steam and install it on my pc because I was told that I could play in offline mode. That doesn't work. Is there anyway that I could play against the bots on this game or not?

they mean that you can start the game in offline mode and may play with lan but there is no singleplayer as i know

Wow, I thought that you could play against the bots. So there is no way to play this game without the internet?

I was given a brand new counter strike source game that comes with half-life 2 and day of defeat online access. I do not have the internet at home so I cannot play it. I used a usb flash drive to download steam and install it on my pc because I was told that I could play in offline mode. That doesn't work. Is there anyway that I could play against the bots on this game or not?

What's the Problem exactly? You can't get steam to run in Offline Mode?
Or you can't get bots in your game?

Cause I know how to do both.... I'm just confused

I don't have the internet on my pc at home. But I have Counter Strike installed and I used a usb flash drive to put steam on my pc. I was told I could launch steam and put it in offline mode but it try's to connect to the internet. Is there a way to play against the bots without having an internet connection. So far steam won't launch to even let me try because steam try's to connect to the internet and fails and won't even let me try to launch counter strike.

OK That's a problem, unless you can get steam on line and then tell it to go offline... that's the easiest way.

I remember that there was another way, but I'm not sure how I did it... it's been a long time...

I'll keep lookin and I'll either replay back to you via PM or Reply here.

I don't know why I didn't think of this, but you could try using steamup to launch CSS. It should work, here is the link to the thread:

SteamUp!

Download one of them then install... Let me know how that works out.

Thanks guys. I will give this a shot and post back when I can.

Will I need one of those GCF/NCF files for this?

Ok, I tried it and it didn't work. I will post a screenshot of what error I am getting and see if someone can help from there. Note. I used the revloader also.

you have to have the steam.dll from your steam folder in the folder with revloader in it.

i think the reason steam won't launch is because when you downloaded in on the other computer you didn't open it and let it update. go on a computer with internet and open it and login and let it update completely. then copy the files over to your home pc. then it should open in offline mode.

Ok, the problem with that is I have to use a pc at work and it is against company policy to install programs on our pc's here. I can download small files but cannot install programs. Is there another way to get the files neccessary??

Ok go online ONCE and click the remember me option. Then next time you launch steam it will give you the option to go into offline mode and it should let you play the game. For bots select the option while creating a server.

So basicaly run the game online once.

I don't have the internet at home at this time therefore that option is impossible. I cannot go online with steam at all.

I don't have the internet at home at this time therefore that option is impossible. I cannot go online with steam at all.

Is there any thing that I can do in order to make this work. I have been reading the forum and seen that you can make stand alones. Is that possible with this game and if it is where do I get steam.dll?

Is there any thing that I can do in order to make this work. I have been reading the forum and seen that you can make stand alones. Is that possible with this game and if it is where do I get steam.dll?

Yes it is possible. There is a search bar here use that to find the thread about making any game standalone. And the steam.dll is found in the installation directory of steam.

Oh and please do not double post, edit post before.

Not intending to start a flame war but you can see in this previous post I made a reference to reading the forum and seeing you can make stand alone games. My question was where do I find the steam.dll and if it was possible to make this game stand alone. When you say directory what do you mean by that?

When you say directory what do you mean by that?

Installation directory = The directory it is installed

Right click shortcut and find target location.

If you cannot find the installation directory of something you installed then get off the computer and burn in hell

Lol! Sorry I am new to the whole computer thing. I have been a console gamer. I just started working with the pc a few months back and don't quite have all the understanding of everything. Perhaps I should just go burn in hell LOL!

Back