1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reccommended First-person shooters that match specs.

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by Lowdown777, February 4, 2010.

1. Lowdown777

Lowdown777 FS Member RESPECT ECHO419&WW3

My specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.33GHz

RAM: 1.5 GB

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition,
    32-bit (Build Service Pack 26002)

Video Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
    Video RAM: 256.0 MB
    3D: Yes
    Hardware T&L: No
    Pixel Shader version: 2.0

Direct Version: 10.0

Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

CD ROM: TSSTcorp CD"DVDW TS-H652D ATA Device

Please I'm bored and failed to find a interesting First-Person Shooter.

I've already been on the "Can You Run It?" website and Hardware T&L hurts my computer performance but I grow tired of searching.

BTW: I found a video card but do not know if my computer can handle it:

PNY GeForce 210 Video Card - 512MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA, Low Profile

I found the video card here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5274322&Sku=P56-0210

2. TinySponge

TinySponge FS Member

theres barebones counter strike, theres the cliched Halo 1/2 , a shooter called Wolfteam which is personally one of my favourites due to interesting gameplay. call of duty all the way up to 4, i think 5 and 6 will lag alot. mostly its your CPU and the video card

3. Jake

Jake Full Member

I sense crappy gfx card.

Anyway.
    I'm pretty sure you can play any source engine game or mod.
    Check out Goldrak's thread,you'll certainly find atleast something for yourself.

Try Bioshock,it's a cool game.

If you're going to buy new shit,then go ahead and buy new computer or build one yourself.Also get W7 *Cough* TPB *Cough*.

4. Lowdown777

If i buy the video card i could play call of duty waw I just wanted know if the video card i posted would work with my computer.

5. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

You should get something better than a 210 lol, try for like a 250 at least.

6. Lowdown777

Okay then can you find me a cheap card? I liked this one since it was only $49.99. :eek:

But, no one is answering my question. IF I got a new video card, how would I know if my computer can handle it?

On the front of the computer it says "512 MB DDR2" I don't know if it means RAM or video or anything. I'm pretty sure I'm a noob on computer hardware. All I really want is to have at least minimum requirements to play Call of Duty World at War. That's all I really want.

Here are my stats from "Can You Run It?" website for WAW:

[​IMG]

7. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

The 512 DDR 2 is the RAM. You'll need to check the manual/specs or find a program to see what expansions slot your PC uses, it's probably a PCI-E port but it may be AGP.

8. Lowdown777

I edited a earlier post with results of test.

9. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

That test tells us nothing you need to either look in the manual for the specs,use a real diagnostic tool or tell us the exact model of PC you have.

10. Lowdown777

\okay hold on ill check.

Okay here I found my system information:

[​IMG]

11. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

Those aren't the specs.

12. psuchris

psuchris FS Member

look on your computer for the model number and then google that for the specs

13. Lowdown777

Emachines Model: W3609

I think that is my model number.

14. DigitalGeek

DigitalGeek Full Member

Your PC Specs From the EMachine Website
    Took a second to google and was the 1st site...

You have an onboard vid card "IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator 950" but you have a PCI-E x16 slot so you can upgrade. I recommend getting a better card so you can play better games.

15. tatootian

tatootian FS Member

16. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

Then that 210 will work, just look for any modern card.

17. DigitalGeek

DigitalGeek Full Member

Ah Yes, Great little program that is.... I recommend it as well for getting system info.

18. Lowdown777

Thanks for your help everyone.

Now, is the video card compatible?

19. psuchris

psuchris FS Member

20. Lowdown777

Okay ... Psuchris I haven't talked to you much lately. Are you too important now?

21. psuchris

psuchris FS Member

i'm just having MAJOR computer problems right now. i had vista and it would freeze at the loading screen when booting. i got windows 7 and installed it and that froze at the loading screen too. I'm running Ubuntu off of a disc right now and it told me my hard drive has 1759 bad sectors and it is going to fail and i need to replace it immediately. i also tried to install ubuntu to a partition on my portable hard drive so i can actually download and install stuff and that wouldn't work either. so basically all i have is internet access right now. this is a family computer and my parents are blaming this all on me. soooo yeah

22. Lowdown777

lol that sucks. Hope you win the lottery and buy a new computer :p

23. prowler.inc

prowler.inc FS Member

i have 4x Ati Radeon HD 5870 and it ownz so hardcore , but ati sux at drivers :(