Running Cry Of Fear Using Counter Strike Patch [Tutorial]

UnknownDeath

FS Member
Sup, Bros? How's everything kicking? This is going to be my SECOND Thread that i have created, so, i hope this proved useful to you. :)

A Few reports have come in saying that Cry Of Fear does not work without Half Life Using Steam, That it says "ED_alloc: No Free Edicts" In the Sewer Construction Site. But I've found a solution to it, by downloading Counter Strike 1.6 (Which Has Half Life Included).

In Order To play Cry Of Fear, follow the following Steps:
First Of ALL, download the game from the link given below*

Code:
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7342238/Counter-Strike_1.6_V42_DiGiTALZONE

2. Download Cry Of Fear from Moddb...(It should be Version 1.0!!!)

3. After you have downloaded it, change the directory to Counter Strike 1.6 V42 DiGiTALZONE.

(Usually, It will be located here:

C\Program Files(x86)\Counter Strike 1.6 DigitalZone\ )

4. Make SURE you install it to the place where hl.exe is located, so it INSTALLS Properly!

5. After That, create a windows Batch File (.bat), edit it with notepad and paste this in it:

start hl.exe -steam -game CryOfFear -gl -appid 70

Note: For those Who DON'T know how to create a Windows Batch File, i will show..er... i mean i will type it to you :)

Open Wordpad or notepad, go to file, click "Save As" and change the .txt into .bat.

6. Create a shortcut to your desktop, click it and Enjoy!

(Yes, i have tested it and no virus have been found.)

I HAVE HEARD MY FELLOW READERS SAYING THAT THE GAME CRASHES DOWN SOMETIMES SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT...WELL...UH...:p ......YEAH, IT SAYS THAT THE MAP (e.g: cofcity2) CRASHES DOWN. IN ORDER TO FIX THIS, OPEN UP YOUR START MANAGER, CLICK ON THE TAB "Processes" AND FIND hl.exe*32 OR hl.exe. END THE PROCESS, START THE GAME AGAIN, AND EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK ACCORDING TO YOUR MASTERMINDS!

(THIS HAS BEEN TESTED ON MY LAPPY)

And yeah, if you are willing to update the game, click the Cry Of Fear Launch App on your desktop, and Click UPDATE. And PLEASE REMEMBER! Do not start the game using Cry Of Fear Launch App, it will only make things worse. Even if that did not work, download the patch manually from the Developers page and into the folder.

FOR THOSE HAVING PROBLEM'S WITH THE GAME, UPDATE IT TO THE LATEST VERSION BEFORE POSTING YOUR PROBLEMS!
IF THEY STILL HAVE PROBLEMS, PLEASE POST:

- Clear description of the nature of the problem.
- When and/or where you're encountering it.
- Your system specs. (including graphics driver information)
- How to recreate the issue.
- The steps you've tried to fix it.
- Relevant screenshot if possible.

PLEASE NOTE THIS: CRY OF FEAR WORKS WITH OPENGL. SO IF YOU'RE GRAPHIC CARD DOES'NT SUPPORT OPEN GL, THEN, JUST FEEL LIKE YOUR LIFE'S OVER :(

(*Sorry for the torrent link, could not find another one :( )

Back