1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up a cracked server [Tutorial] p3ng3l

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by WorldWarIII, January 11, 2008.

1. WorldWarIII

WorldWarIII [ Respected ]

In this tutorial i want to show you (so far as i can) how to setup a dedicated server for source- and hl1engine games.

Installing hldsupdatetool

First, create a folder where the files for the dedicated server will be located. In this tutorial, C:\HLServer will be used as the server directory. Verify 1-2 gB of free space is available on the drive. Downloading the hldsupdatetool from valve to C:\HLServer. For the next steps you will need the DOS command line (Click Start, then Run, Type in �cmd� (no quotes needed) then click the OK button.) Change in the console to the HLServer directory:
    [​IMG]

Now start hldsupdatetool and let it download the newest version!
    [​IMG]

Downloading reuired files

Download the HLDS server files that are required to run the server. Depending on your connection this could take from a few minutes to a few hours. Again, from the Command Prompt, enter this command: hldsupdatetool -command update -game valve -dir c:\hlserver Once finished retrieving the files, the text: HLDS installation up to date will appear.
    Now start downloading the game, which is required by the HLDS: hldsupdatetool -command update -game [gamemod] -dir c:\hlserver Use for [gamemod] the game you want to install, e.g: hldsupdatetool -command update -game cstrike -dir c:\hlserver -game cstrike will install Counter-Strike 1.6 but you can also use dod or -game "Counter-Strike Source". Downloading the game(s) will take a few hours!

Cracking your server

For HL1-Engine Games you should copy and replace the swds.dll with this one:
    WIN32 HL1 Dedicated Server *CRACKED* Build 3647 -REVOLUTiON
    For Source-Engine Games use these cracked files:
    WIN32 Source Dedicated Server *CRACKED* Build 3152 -PROViSiON
    Now ppl with cracked and orig. steam can join your (vac2) server!

Setup/starting your server!

To configure your server you must edit the server.cfg file (C:\hlserver\GAME\server.cfg)! Counter-Strike Source CFG Maker, HL1 CFG Maker or use Google ;)

Start your server now with (for example) following commands: C:\HLServer\srcds.exe -insecure -game cstrike -pingboost 1 +map de_dust -maxplayers 16 -autoupdate or C:\HLServer\hlds -console -game cstrike -port 27015 +exec server.cfg +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust Btw. you can create a shortcut to start your server too!

2. tink636

tink636 New Member

thank you

3. rushil01

rushil01 Maestro of Meyhem

wow the links still work :S

4. Darth009

Darth009 New Member

dont work for me... DLL Error...

5. .ISO

.ISO FS Member

No shit it won't work, look at the date

6. Narutorocks2234

Narutorocks2234 New Member

hey guys i just got zombie master and im using ******** i start the game look for a server click it and it says connect to the right steam account and this is the wrong one

7. Chrisd534

Chrisd534 New Member

Is there a method for a non dedicated server?
    Like one from gameservers.com?

8. Jake

Jake Full Member

It's quite rare that there are 24/7 hosts for cracked...It takes time to search,you can buy yourself a server and install there your dedicated server,it will be 24/7

9. plo435

plo435 New Member

do i need to copy all the files into the server folder or some files to the steam folder? the batch command isn't working. i use tf2. please help

10. iwanttohacksteam

iwanttohacksteam New Member

the links work even now in 2010 sumer :D

too bad people need to find them selfs hlds files it can be kinda hard if u dont know to search for em here's the link to HLDS 4.1.1.1.exe - 118MB

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=184

11. westside1337

westside1337 FS Member

that fucking awe..... sucking