Should I buy a DX10 Graphics Card now?

Discussion in 'Computers & Servers' started by P4rD0nM3, April 13, 2007.

1. P4rD0nM3

P4rD0nM3 Full Member

Or they're still too much ($300)? As you can see I'm just running on built-in NVIDIA graphics that has 512 memory from my ram. I wanted those 8800 GTX cards that can go up to 1gb...I'm just thinking if it's worth it since I haven't even finish playing Half Life 2...or most of the games steam has to offer. And I usually play the old games like Fallout 1 & 2...just reminiscing.

2. FSOwner

FSOwner FS Owner

Wait for the 8800 and Vista to get going then do it.

3. Vasuki?

Vasuki? It Was Me!!!11!1

I have an 8800 GTX right now it is fine well... some games it doesnt work they need to fix there drivers but other than that i get awesome fps ingame

4. P4rD0nM3

P4rD0nM3 Full Member

Fine fine I'll wait. Hahaha. Vasuki, your only complaint is not enough support yet right? But it'll be supported by every game later on anyway right?

5. Vasuki?

Vasuki? It Was Me!!!11!1

yeah it will its a great card its just it was released on beta drivers lol

6. BlinkY

BlinkY Pork is not a Verb

Wait till the end of the year, i've heard that then is the time cards are going to be made and sold that will benfit the latest games.

Edit: Also beta drivers for vi$ta i find suck at the mo. but then there beta so lollololol.

7. P4rD0nM3

P4rD0nM3 Full Member

Software mode pwns.

8. Vasuki?

Vasuki? It Was Me!!!11!1

Software mode? huh what now?

9. P4rD0nM3

P4rD0nM3 Full Member

I don't have a video card and all I have is a cs account because my cert config was in my inbox before the old forums went down. I don't think I can retrieve it. So I'm stuck with playing cs...and without a video card. I'm just using software mode.

10. Vasuki?

Vasuki? It Was Me!!!11!1

ahh lol... anyway your cert wouldnt work anymore

11. P4rD0nM3

P4rD0nM3 Full Member

That's ok. Not rushing it. I'm in Klamath right now *WINK*.

12. TheOne

TheOne New Member

What/Where is Klamath?