Shoutbox - Spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reflector

Ok I know this has probably been discussed but is there anyway possible to allow just 2 simultaneous shouts ONLY before someone else answers then allow you to speak again.

Because I know some people are getting frustrated over a few members spamming.

Just like to know what everyone else in the community thinks.

stop hatin... maybe 1 post in shoutbox every 7 seconds?

What is your fascination with posting stuff in the shoutbox in a matter of seconds that in the end could have been sent in half a regular post? I didn't want to pinpoint the blame on anyone but can't you accept the fact that people are hating your spam?? You have to be utter blind to not see it.

i have been lobying for this a looong time and they haven't done it yet. Hopefully if more people go for it, then it will happen

its a shoutbox? theres no problem.

"SPAM" mail is the practice of sending massive amounts of E-mail promotions or advertisements (and scams) to people that have not asked for it. Many times, SPAM E-mail lists are created by "harvesting" E-mail addresses from discussion boards and groups, chat rooms, IRC, and web pages. ...

Spam can occasional “flood” an individual or ISP to the point that it significantly slows down the data flow

define:Spam - Google Search

:)

i dont do mass ammount of messages. 4 messages in about 6 seconds
mass - The act of "mass" is to send huge quantities of something. "I just got a mass ammount of e-mails!" "The server is under a mass flood attack."

u just got rick rolled biotch :)

lol firstly the spam filter was enabled before but it got so dam annoying that it was disabled
secondly since everything including me thinks you spam on the shoutbox ill make a new rule saying if you post 4 lines without anyone else talking then you get a infraction and a warning :D

I'm going to update the shoutbox soon that will help reduce spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back