1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some steam games

Discussion in 'Clients Cracks And Launchers' started by northwoodbayou, July 19, 2007.

1. northwoodbayou

northwoodbayou New Member

I know you mods probably hate newbs coming into your forum, i looked at the gcf post below mine that was made, all i want is CS 1.6 and TFC, what is exactly is a gcf, and where on that site (cs.rin.ru) can i find them

2. Deride

Deride Full Member

GCFs are basically a file that corresponds with a certain game. To download CS 1.6, you need the CS 1.6 GCF: /steam/SteamApps/XXXXXX.GCF

For downloading HL2: Episode 1, you might wanna look at one of the tutorials in these forums.

And to navigate cs.rin.ru

- Click in the top right for English ver. of the page
    - Righthand corner for Forum

I can't make it much simpler than that.

3. dizlow

dizlow Full Member

Can you guys post a link to a really good Tutorial? What I need to download a game, where those downloads are etc.. I'm totally newb at this, and all I want is cs 1.6 to my friend that dosnt has it, no account eaither.. but could make one.. Dosnt matter if it is Vac-Banned or not ! And for me I would like G-mod , if that works.. Please pm me , need big help !

4. BleakObelisk

BleakObelisk [ Respected ]

GCFs are Game Content Files. They are game files stored in a virtual file system developed by valve. They greatly simplify the download process for steam games.