steam download servers

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by i-con, December 10, 2007.

1. i-con

i-con New Member

when ever i try to download portal or other large games or even try to update a large game i get the error that the servers are too busy please try again in a few minutes but ive been trying to download for several days and i still cant download:(. i can sometimes download small games like bejeweled 2 but all large games like portal, bioshock, and the half life episodes just sit there if i have parts of the gcf's. also i have the firewalls set to leave the program alone so they dont interfere. i also have vista (came with the computer) that os messes with every program i try to run:mad:. thank you:D

2. Acren

Acren New Member

No, it's just a trick.
    You can't download from the steam servers unless you have a REAL account. You have to find the right GCFs and use them.

3. Ganan

Ganan In Good Standing

For these games you need to put in your steamapp folder some updated GCFґs/NCFґs and only then you can start to download the game/games.
    Search in GCF/NCF section for it.

4. noes42

noes42 New Member

steam free games

hey this is my first post? i have downloaded unded patch 3,00 SASIO but every time i try to download it is says: server is to busy, try agian in a few minutes? whot shut i do for download big games, some of the small games i can download, like bejeweld 2, but not the big one. can somebod give me a toturial to gcf, or somthing that work, please help, thanks you.

5. ilikepepsi

ilikepepsi FS Member

You can't download it...
    It is that simple...
    Read what Acren and Ganan said, and don't bump a post that is about 6 months or so old...

6. Slayermanadil

Slayermanadil FS Member

first of all newest undead patch is like 3,33. yean and listen to everybody else