Steam won't update. Tried everything.

SOUL_STEALER

Steam will not update for me. It will either get stuck at 30%,22%, or 13%. It has been like this for atleast 2 months. I have tried port forwarding, reinstalling, just deleting files in steam folder, complete reformat of hdd(not for steam reason) and whacking my computer in frustration. My firewall and antivirus has allowed steam. I have also tried plugging it directly into my router. It is happening on both my computer with different OS (Vista Ulltimate and XP Pro) and different anti-virus/firewall. Nothing works. Is there anything else that I can do? Can you somehow modify the steam client so that it thinks it is updated? Or can you make it upload from another non-official steam server?

All help appreciated. Thanks.

^^^
Lol XxDementeixX he says: I have tried port forwarding, reinstalling, just deleting files in steam folder, complete reformat of hdd, etc etc. So if he has reinstalling, deleting files in steam folder and Complete Reformat Of HDD, the .blob file is Not the problem, in a reformat u dont "save" the blob file lol.

soul_stealer try this: When u run Steam and get stuck in to 30% or whatever % go to Steam folder and find a archive called SteamTemp.exe, run it and maybe the update continues from the % where u get stuck.

Lulz, you never know, it could work dude. This is Steam were talking about.

Yeah that is true but im talking aboit if he dont have the .blob file because he reinstall and format the pc is very dificult that the problem is for a .blob where are ever new when u run Steam without a .blob file in the folder and anyway if the problem if for a archive the most normal is for the stram.cgf how say Renegade. But who knows Steam is a interrogant.

Back