Updates to Supreme Commander 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Tuning and Balance
- Ranked 1v1 System! (see below for a detailed explanation of this new system)
- Ranked Challenge System (see below for a detailed explanation of this new system)
- Unranked Quickmatch (see below for a detailed explanation of this new system)
- Map Pings - Added three different kinds of map pings for team play. F5 issues a generic alert to your teammate at a specific location, and it appears as a yellow arrow when zoomed in and a yellow animated ping indicator in strategic mode. F6 is a Move ping, and it uses a blue indicator. F7 is Attack ping, and it uses a red indicator. Color coded arrows will appear on each edge of the screen where your teammate has placed one of these for you to view
- Multi-player lobby ready-up checkboxes will now "uncheck" any time a host changes the settings
- Changes to multi-player lobby exclusions, game-type, etc. will show up in the multi-player lobby chat box when the host makes changes
- Voice icons display next to each player in the multi-player lobby allowing the user to mute individual players
- Menu version number â The game now displays a version number on the Main Menu. The versioning has been adjusted at this update to 1.10 to accommodate future updatesAI now starts as a random faction
- Cheating fix: Closed a loophole in the code that allowed some players to enable limited cheats
- Fixed rare crash if player gets kicked out of the lobby and submits chat text
- Fixed rare crash when player hits the enter key in the Skirmish menu
- Fixed replacing ready kicked player with AI causes the AI options to be lockedFixed inability to join DLC map games if you don't have the pack as a client
Tuning and Balance
- UEF Assault Bot Research cost decreased from 4 to 3.
- Cybran Battleship Range reduced from 128 to 115.
- Cybran Destroyer Energy cost increased from 500 to 650.
- ACU Training bonus reduced to +25% per level.
- Soul Ripper II Anti-Air Damage reduced by 50%.
- King Kripter, Colossus and Cybranasaurus-Rex Health and Damage increased by 35%.
- Cybranasaurus-Rex Range increased from 22 to 32.
- Wilfindja Speed increased from 3.6 to 4.6.
- Gantry build time reduced from 120 to 100 seconds.
- Pulinsmash weapon range increased from 50 to 100.
- Darkenoid Health increased from 20,000 to 27,500.
- AC-1000 primary weapon damage blast radius increased from 1.5 to 3.
- Cybran Air Rate of Fire boost Research cost increased from 3 to 5.
- Bodaboom Health boost increased from +20% to +30%. Aura radius increased from 20 to 30. Added a +200% regeneration bonus.
- ACUs are now repaired 150% slower.
- Increasing ACU storage size to 15.
- UEF Submarine weapon range increased by 50%. Movement speed reduced from 6 to 5.25.
- Structure bubble shields now take twice as long to come back online.
- Anti-Air Tower damage increased by 25%.
- ACUs and Engineers now get a Sonar range equivalent to their Radar range.
- ACU/Escape Pod Experience value increased to 7500.
- Gantry Experience value decreased to 1250.
- UEF/Illuminate Mass Convertor Experience value increased to 750.
- UEF/Illuminate Mobile Anti-Air Experience value decreased to 100.
- Fighter/Bomber Experience value decreased to 250.
- Transport Experience value increased to 750.
- UEF Fighter & Bomber Experience value decreased to 200.
- UEF/Cybran Battleship Experience value increased to 1500.
- Cybran Destroyer Experience value increased to 750.
- UEF Submarine Experience value decreased to 150.
- King Kriptor, Universal Colossus, Cybranasaurus Rex and Pulinsmash Experience value reduced to 3000.
- Cybran Intel Add-on Vision radius is now correctly set to 75.
- Fixed an issue with Cybran tactical missiles that prevented them from hitting a target if it was really far away.Illuminate ACU Teleport time reduced from 10 to 6 seconds
- Translation for the Ranked Games Interface in European languages will be in our next update