synergy

Qbeck

FS Member
i dont think there are GCF's for mods, so is it possible to use synergy? it comes up with the server busy message

well i dont know, i downloaded it, put it into the steamapps-sourcemods folder, and i double clicked the FGD file, it opended steam, and it popped up the installer thing, pressed ok and shit, and then it said the server busy stab yourself message :-(

are you running a cracked client? if you are remove the crack and then try again. That could be the issue

I'm not sure I downloaded it from a normal place I have 2 accounts, one yag gave me with a legit hldm. If so, how do I remove the crack and put it back on, I used undead

there is a file you delete which will let your client update... its steam.something ican't remember. Hopefully someone else can help ya there.

I'm pretty sure you just have to delete the steam.cfg and the undeadpatcher. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

i hope you guys are right, i'll try that, but do you mean delete as in actually delete or move somewhere else.

Edit:I'm now downloading lost coast since i can without downloading a GCF-ati promo patch

i think this will let synergy work but i'll have to re-open it in steam.

yea when i took it off, it didn't show up, so i double clicked the file and it didn't even open in steam, it just made steam open.

If you're that paranoid, copy your Steamapps folder to a safe place, uninstall steam, then copy your steamapps folder back to the steam directory and the patch should be gone. Also once you've uninstalled it, just delete the steam directory to ensure there's no traces of the patch.

Oh no the problem is not the patch anymore. I for the patch off, but now when I double click the mod, it only opens steam, but nothing happens. I see HLLC and Dm since those are legit and I c my other games preliad complete. No games waiting to be installed, so the crack was off.

crack is off, anda steam is off. double click synergy, steam opens, but synergy doesn't show.

i found the problem :-D

To install it, i need source SDK base and half life 2.

On the cracked steam, i have half life 2, but not SDK. I need to get the source SDK GCF.

I stupidly didn't look when the install thing popped up. In my cracked account, Synergy was there, so i double clicked it, and it showed up to install SDK base. I AM DUMB

So install SDK... what's the big deal? If it popped up to install it, do so. Look around, I'm sure you can find a GCF file for it.

ok now i hav source sdk base installed and i can launch it, i see the synergy logo an the valve, then i see loading with the blur, and then it says some error and than it closes. i can try to provide a screen shot if neccesary.

ok now i hav source sdk base installed and i can launch it, i see the synergy logo an the valve, then i see loading with the blur, and then it says some error and than it closes. i can try to provide a screen shot if neccesary.

Yeah a screenshot would be better, also maybe say what error it is? Otherwise everyone is just left in the dark and there's not enough information to help you out.

i did try to open it in star steam, AND i have undead patch. all my other games work fine though :-(

It looks like you are having a problem with the "Community" thing injecting. Try turning it off.
File > Settings > In Game > Untick "Enable Steam Community In-Game"

thats a hardware error mainly caused my ram E.G of things that will casue it is using 2 diffrent steed sticks or diffrent clock latency will do that and sometimes a old or falty gfx card will display that error to whats your specs? And is it a custom build somethink like a dell or HP?

Ohh and try syn V1.1 casue in the use of sdk bace only came in 1.0 and your using 2.5!

Back