Terraria Vs. Minecraft

I prefer Minecraft because I FAIL at Terraria.... I mean I don't even know what I'm doing in Terraria :)

minecraft wins immediately... no questions asked. How often do you come across a game where you use blocks of dirt to protect yourself from green exploding penises??!! See... Minecraft wins :)

awww c'mon guys Minecraft SUCKS. No music and laggy gameplay.

Minecraft has almost a 99% emphasis on the world itself while Terraria has alot of focus on the gameplay. Although its good tt's a $10 game. It's OK if it just lasts a measly 100-200 hours. It should hopefully remain fresh for a while i think the combat is Minecraft is rather slow and uninteresting. the art is pretty rubbish too

I like Terraria because it has more 'real gameplay' tho. But i do believe Minecraft will lat longer in terms of fanbases and stuff like that

i play minecraft, tho i just heard of terraria here, so went to their site saw it and i place my vote 110% on minecraft.

pfff . . . Serious, Minecraft? Terraria pwns minecraft. better graphics and proper gameplay.
Though, I must say mincraft has potential especially with the freedom it offers.

I love minecraft ):< - terraria is in 2d, minecraft in 3d, and doesn't lag at all, and the art is 16x16, low res, but it fits perfectly with the cube world theme. Terraria isn't even realistic: it's got strange monsters, creatures, and a lot of sci-fi stuph. Minecraft is 99% realistic, apart of the enemy mobs. And the fun never ends, there are thousands of servers and at the same time thousands of awesome mods, if you are a bit bored of normal play.
For me Minecraft PwN's Terraria

of course minecraft is 'realistic' with alot of things, but lets be honest: there's no point arguing Terraria isn't realistic, its supposed to be weird and is more around adventure and exploring than Minecraft, Minecraft is more about just messing around in a huge empty environment. I get its sort of interesting getting to play around with your environment, but its just too 'raw' for me, not enough gameplay.

OK, but whether it is 3D or 2D makes no difference in performance wise, in terms of gameplay I believe Terraria is the clear winner.

I used to like minecraft, but it has become a "popular game". It has lost the fun of building and surviving. The last good version was B1.7.3

I bought terraria just a few weeks ago, I love it.
I think terraria and minecraft are equally awesome, each in their way.
Terraria is a good action game, while minecraft focuses on sandboxing more than combat.

Back