[TF2] UndeadPatch and the f*cking 'Steam Validation Rejected'...

Gabranth

Hey everyone.

I've just registered here in the forum today, and I'm here for a famous error on Steam called "Steam Validation Rejected". This is an old error already, and by everything I've read today, it's still up.

I recently installed the Undead Patch and downloaded a few games like Portal, CS 1.6 (didn't try online), HL2 (didn't try online), Garry's Mod (didn't work online) and TF2. The TF2 was the game I was waiting to play, but 8 gigas and 8 hours later, no success... I couldn't EVEN play the Tutorial, that damn error pops up and makes me mad.

No kidding, when it popped up, I threw my keys in the screen, and as it's a LCD screen. it made a tiny hole in it, but I don't f*cking care.

I've already tried:

1. Putting the damn steam_appid.txt file with the text 440 inside it in the dedicated server folder (with and w/o the .txt extension);
2. Deleting everything in Steam folder, letting it update, re-installing the Undead Patch;
3. Hitting the monitor (as I said);
4. Praying;

Anyone with the Undead Patch managed to fix it?

I have already fixed it.

The solution - delete Steam and download the retail game =D

That's what I've done.

Try using steamuip instead of undead. First game i downloaded with steamup was tf2 and it worked fine (not on legit servers obviously, cracked only)

Back