Trouble Installing and Playing HL2: Episode One (380)

onekingreigns

Okay, so I download this torrent that supposedly contains all current GCF's for Hl2 episode one, installed it, and then it comes up with this dos window which doesn't do anything (if I close it it says "installing..." and it doesn't do anything). I also tried starting the application via the hl2.exe, but it just changes the resolution and then my computer beeps at me.

If you could give me some advice as to what I am looking at here it'd be much appreciated.

26032_383296179857_655944857_3900501_3101298_n.jpg

I think that the torrent you downloaded isnt the GCFs it is a NON-Steam installer and the black windows that shows up, is actually installing the game, so what you have to do is run that again and w8 a long time until it say something like "The proces is complete". Or you can search here the GCFs for the HL2:EP1.

Longer than an hour?

Well, I wasn't sure how accurate it was because It didn't contain any .gcf files.

I will try that again though, thank you.

It can take more or less that an hour depending on your computer speed, and if you whant to download the GCFs:

http://zerocrackingpoint.ws/scms/app_entry.php?appid=380

Okay, I ended up just downloading the two GCF files that were pinned in the "Everything" thread: for HL2: Episode One.

I put them in the steam apps folder, put the updated steamup! in the Steam installation folder, and started the launcher.

It says in the "games" tab "Half Life 2: Episode One - Pre-loaded".

I was searching for a tutorial, but couldn't find anything. Where do I go from here?

Okay, I ended up just downloading the two GCF files that were pinned in the "Everything" thread: for HL2: Episode One.

I put them in the steam apps folder, put the updated steamup! in the Steam installation folder, and started the launcher.

It says in the "games" tab "Half Life 2: Episode One - Pre-loaded".

I was searching for a tutorial, but couldn't find anything. Where do I go from here?

if it say pre-load complete, that means that you didnt launch steam from the steamupЎ Launcher, it is called "Launcher.exe"

I have launched steamup! via Launcher.exe already, and it seems to be the same as when launching regular steam except sometimes steamup! will crash before loading.

Is is supposed to signal something other than pre-loaded?

Back