Universal Patcher + CS:S

shaitan667

Hey all, hows it going? I am using steam with the UP.dll crack, and found I couldnt get Counterstrike Source. I got the mini GCF for counterstrike source client and it updated from 52% to 92% and now it wont update anymore. When I try to go launch game I always get the Server too busy message. Is there anyway for it to carry on downloading? I really dont want to have to download the full GCFs again due to bandwith costs. Cheers in advance

SteamClient.blob disfunction? I'd restart pc. Make back up of SteamClient.blob and delete original and try starting up Steam then. (Idk just a guess :D)

that may help, but it is risky and may tamper with the functions of steam.

What I would do: Delete all source GCFs, and redownload them. This may have happened because of a minor/major steam update (most likely).

Hope i helped. :)

WTF??? how the hell is deleting the CR.blob risky? If the steam executable does not see the file, it simply re-downloads all of the platform dlls and repopulates the configuration files.

yes, but it serves some information over time which makes connecting to the steam master servers quicker (kinda like temporary internet files). If you do not believe me, decompile the .blob file and see how it changes over many months/years of use.

Back