Update Patches Thread (REQUEST HERE)

gvazdas

FS Member
(This has been moved from Tools & Resources)
Hey guys! I noticed that we have the program called CF Toolbox, but we don't have a Updates Thread for people who have outdated .GCFs or .NCFs.
I suggest we put this thread to a sticky since a lot of people want their games up-to-date.
PLEASE LOOK AT THIS FIRST:
http://adf.ly/qMwre

Tutorial Number 1:
Updating your outdated file!
After you have downloaded CF toolbox, you maybe have this on a file or two in your Steamapps:
tut1g.jpg

Also, when you go to your Steam and in this case, you can't launch Garry's Mod nor update it because you are cracked. So, the only solution is ask someone for an update so you can launch the game. Here is what you have to do:
1. Right-click the outdated file,go to patches and left click Make Archive.
tut2f.jpg

After that is done, the file will be in your steam/steamapps folder.
2. Upload the file ( for example on mediafire.com ) and wait for someone to give you the patch. Download it.
3. Apply the patch to your game .gcf or .ncf file.
3 step 1:
Right-click the outdated file, patches and then left click Apply Update.
tut3v.jpg

3 step 2:
Find the .update file the uploader gave you and use it.
tut4s.jpg

Wait until it finishes...
tut5j.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS! You succesfully updated your outdated file and can now play your outdated game (depends)!

Tutorial Number 2:
Uploading patches for someone else!
So, someone really needs a game updated. For example in my case, the person who needs help has half-life 2 content.gcf outdated. So, if you want to be his personal hero, you have to help him. Here is how:
First of all, to help the person, you MUST receive his archive, or else you can't help him. It is CRITICAL.
Also, make sure your file (the .gcf in this case) is at 100%, or else you won't update his game fully.

0. Download the archive of his outdated file.
1. Right-click file he needs updating (in this case, the file is half-life 2 content.gcf), Patches and left click Make Update.
tut6g.jpg

When that is done, the file will be in your steam/steamapps folder. Upload it (any host is good, but mediafire.com is the best because download limit is limitless and no waiting times) and then reply to that person and give him the link.
Congratulations! You just saved a person's nerve!
Oh, and after your file is updated, don't forget to say thanks!

Guys, I only have source games. But almost all of them. Here is the list:
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat: Source
Garry's Mod
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode one
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Portal
Team Fortress 2

So, if you post a required update that are one of these games, I will respond soon.
My timeline is GMT +02:00 and this post was made at 21:44 at my time.
Try to adjust requests in my timeline.
I am active at this time (NOTE: Use the correct timeline, not your timeline!):
Work days (Summer):
From 10 to 12 AM to 21 PM.
Holidays (Summer):
From 8 to 10 AM to 21 or maybe even 22 PM.

After the summer, my activity will be different due to school and work.

Oh, and also, if the mods are interested in this, please PM me, I also need to make another thread for archives.
I would also like this thread to be a sticky since I put a lot of work into it.
We would also reduce the update posts and topics and also we don't need to make a new full GCF EACH TIME an update is made.
Uploaders would have rest, and the people who want to help would have a 'job' here now.
EDIT:
I think this has to be moved to GCF sharing.
I'm not sure yet. Mods please move it if I'm right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Counter-Strike Source Client 56 and SourceSDK 42.

Thanks. (Sorry about not uploading the archive in the first post, I'm new to this and for some reason decided I didn't need to read the whole thread.)

steamapps.rar

need the latest engineer update for team fortress 2 just released today (cannot upload archive because I'm low on bandwidth)

thanks, don't worry about it if the archive is necessary

need the latest engineer update for team fortress 2 just released today (cannot upload archive because I'm low on bandwidth)

thanks, don't worry about it if the archive is necessary
an archive is NOT big, without that i can't update
maybe if someone else posts an archive

[Request]

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
call of duty modern warfare 2 english.20.archive: Link | Update
call of duty modern warfare 2 binaries.20.archive: Link | Update/Fix

Kinda big since you're 5 versions behind, so i had to compress it. So just extract it first.

sourcesdk.40_to_45.update.gcf Anything else you need?
Thanks for the update :)

Yeah just one question, can you please tell me whats the latest version of "episode 1 shared" and "half-life 2 episode 1" gcf's? Cause my tf toolbox says they're up to date, but steam wont let me mount the game. All the other necessary gcf's are up to date.

Thanks for the update :)

Yeah just one question, can you please tell me whats the latest version of "episode 1 shared" and "half-life 2 episode 1" gcf's? Cause my tf toolbox says they're up to date, but steam wont let me mount the game. All the other necessary gcf's are up to date.

Ep1 Shared = V5
HL2Ep 1 = V9

next time, compress all the archives in 1 rar file thank you :)

also give me some time to create/upload the update files
also thank you to others who provide patches too :)

Hi!

Request:
shatterdepot.ncf 32.12%
Archive (v3-):
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

mdk_content.ncf 99.99%
Archive (v0-):

mdk_2_content.ncf 99.99%
Archive (v0-):

sorry for being a noob but i have three other files that seems incomplete, they're:
lostcoastcontent.gcf (v3-) at 93.03%
fallout tactics content.ncf (v1-) at 99.36%
samantha_swift_and_the_golden_touch_content.ncf (v0-) at 99.97%

here is how they show in CF Toolbox but when i open steam they look good like updated..is it normal?

Hi!

Request:
shatterdepot.ncf 32.12%
Archive (v3-):

mdk_content.ncf 99.99%
Archive (v0-):

mdk_2_content.ncf 99.99%
Archive (v0-):

sorry for being a noob but i have three other files that seems incomplete, they're:
lostcoastcontent.gcf (v3-) at 93.03%
fallout tactics content.ncf (v1-) at 99.36%
samantha_swift_and_the_golden_touch_content.ncf (v0-) at 99.97%

here is how they show in CF Toolbox but when i open steam they look good like updated..is it normal?

oh cmon for thelast time please zip or rar or 7z all your archives to 1 file and upload that 1 file, it's easier for us to download that way for small files

and sometimes cftoolbox show a game completion s something else then 100% this can be normal

Request:
Update 2 for Sniper Ghost Warrior (SKIDROW version). Since it is an extracted version so I don't have .gcf file and thus can't upload .archive. Maybe someone can upload it and provide the updated files.
Thanks

as i mentioned before, i can't provide updates anymore since my hdd with all my steam games crashed, all data was lost

hey i really need a patch for Episode One 2007 Content.gcf
i have the 3rd version. 4 ist the new one. if someone has got a downloadlink for the full 4th version it would be great to. thank you very much :)

Looking for Dragon Age: Origins Oblivion updates.

dragon age origins content.ncf 1.48 GBytes 13 outdated File has been corrected and must be updated
Archive: http://rapidshare.com/files/410486794/dragon_age_origins_content.13.archive

dragon age - origins english.ncf 1.97 GBytes 4 outdated File has been corrected and must be updated
Archive: http://rapidshare.com/files/410486685/dragon_age_-_origins_english.4.archive

Thanks in advance!

Hey, its me..again. I need a few updates:
For my Source SDK Base 2007 (this one is my top priority, see? Its on the top:rolleyes:). Currently its at version 0.
For my Episode 1 shared GCF. Currently at version 5.
For my HL2 Episode 1 GCF. Currently at version 9.
:) Thanks in advance.

Also:
Man your GCF is outdated.. Anyway.. Heres your 9-13 Update.

Back