Ut2004

Trigger-happy

FS Member
How To Crack UT2004 Demo Into A Full Game!

(NON-STEAM GAME)

Step 1
Download the UT2004 demo here

also you may want to download the mega map packs and other stuff, but we will come to this later.

Step 2

Now you must download patches to the full game, you must download the 3369 patch, you would find it here

then install UT2004 patch in your UT2004 folder.

Step 3

Now you have to download some map packs like i said before and also download the UT2004 Community bonus packs volume one and 2 will do, i recommend you find all downloads mission packs and other player skins to make UT2004 proper.

Step 4

Now you must download a no CD crack for UT2004 to stop UT2004 asking for the cd key, you would find it here

and look for the Unreal Tournament 2004 v3369 PRIVATE WINDOWS SERVER PATCH and once you have downloaded the no CD crack you can drag\copy it into your UT2004 system folder, after you have done that you must start UT2k4AutoPatcher.exe.

Step 5

ENJOY!

THIS INSTRUCTIONS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS AND NOT FOR MAC OR LINUX OR ANY OTHER OS OR WHATEVER YOU CALL IT

IF YOU DO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH FILES MISSING JUST POST ON HERE AND I SHALL PROVIDE THE LINK

I added a youtube video link if you did not understand, you can find it here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Decompress uz2 Files!

I am going to show you how to use UCC.exe which is in ut2004.

Using ucc.exe

So first we should know what ucc.exe is. UCC is the tool that Unreal Engine developers need, for a whole description, you can read UnrealWiki: Ucc. But all you need to know is, that ucc can be used to compress/decompress files using UZ2 format.

UCC or ucc.exe can be found in your "UT2004/System" folder. But what you have to know is, that it doesn't have any GUI (Graphical User Interface). If you don't know what this means, you'll find out now, hehe...

Press "[Win] + [R]" on your keyboard, or select "Run" from the Start Menu. Now enter "CMD" and hit enter / go. You will get a "Command Promt" window, that looks like this:

First thing we do, is set the default path to the UT2004/System folder. Do that by typing "path c:/ut2004/system", or change it, if you have UT2004 installed somewhere else.

Then type "ucc", and you should get this:

If you like, you can type "ucc help", and get some more info about it. What we have to do now, is drop out .uz2 file into the "UT2004/System" folder.

And now we can actually decompress the file. Type "ucc decompress <filename>", in my case this would be "ucc decompress dm-rankin-fe.ut2.uz2". Note that the file needs to be in the System folder. If it worked, you should get something like this:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Admin>ucc decompress dm-rankin-fe.ut2.uz2
Decompressed dm-rankin-fe.ut2.uz2 -> dm-rankin-fe.ut2

And the File "DM-Rankin-FE.ut2" should be in the System Folder.

Now you can put the map in the "Maps" folder and play it :)

THERE IS AN PROBLEM WITH THIS, UCC.EXE SAVES SOMEWHERE ELSE, I RUN WINDOWS VISTA AND IT SAVE HERE C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\UT2004\System

WERE IT SAYS "<USER>" ENTER YOUR OWN USER NAME AND GO TO THAT DIRECTORY TO GET YOUR DECOMPRESSED FILE.

Other convertors

Other convertors also exist, but most/all of them will use UCC.exe. I'll list a few here:

* Game Extractor - Download Game Extractor 2.0 - You can extract the files from the archives to your computer for editing and viewing, or you can use the in built previewer. - Softpedia

* TinyUZ2 - TinyUZ2, Unreal Tournament 3 Downloads, Unreal Tournament 3 Miscellaneous Tools

* UZTool - UZTool-setup.exe - FileFront.com

Those are a few. I highly recommend UZTool, it allows you to compress/decompress files using right click! I don't know about the others, as i havn't tested them.

Hey, I know this is kinda old, but do ya think u can find a private server thing for linux?
It would be much appreciated ^.^

or even the code to put in the file.
either or i'd really like to play on the moded servers.

Back