Whats the scariest video game you've played?

JJJusea

FS Member
I rescently played F.E.A.R again after trying Amnesia and i found that F.E.A.R was hardly scary at all. Now that i compare the two Amnesia is allot better and rly good at getting under my skin.

So whats the scariest video game you've played?

Resident Evil 2. First game I actually owned on the original Playstation. Loved the game but was scared shitless from it, I was of course a kid at the time

Amnesia: the Dark Descent and the Penumbra series.
scared the crap out of me, specially the penunbra penis monster

yep, Amnesia dark descent was pretty good , no weapons make it that much better. even tho its a suprisingly simple concept it actually adds alot more gameplay value.

Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams , Pyramid Head and Condemned : Criminal Origins (a town overrun with psychotic maniacal serial killers!? Now thats my shit!)

oh yea ju-on the grudge is also pretty scary, i hate that gun fingers-like noise before that zombie girl appears
and yes, nightmare house 2 is so frkin' scary in the mannequin part, idk how could that had scared me so much thinking about it now.
but I still think Amnesia is best. horror game. evar. and the fun thing about it is that the horror never ends, having a map editor and a whole lot of fan-made custom stories ;)

Amnesia, is just good at getting under my skin with the little things, yeah, the game and level design was also done really well i find, with some old school horrors like nightmare house, if your in a laid back mood you can actually find some little 'fail' details and secret rooms that are totally empty. Yeah, level design is also important.

dead space? straight gorry and stuff, but it doesn't have enough atmosphere for me. I love the epic scale of everything with dead space tho, its just amazing seeing how many characters dying off

Amnesia the dark descent , penumbra series , nightmare house 2 , cry of fear.
these are the scariest games i've ever played. Also dead space 1 and 2 in the beginning of them but then it's just not scary anymore

And of course, Minecraft. You may be thinking "lol" but it's true. If you are building, walking around your awesomest time-taking creation or simply having valuable stuff with you, and you suddenly hear "Sssss..." behind you is the worst scare you can ever get lol.
"this guy is crazy", just try it out and see what I mean ;)

It just happened to me again.

I was playing minecraft, mining hard.
I walk around a corner and a few things happen at the same time:
1- A skeleton face comes in conctact with my screen.
2- I take an arrow to the knee face, whick knockbacks me and makes that sudden damage sound.
3- I jump so hard in my seat that I take a table to the knee.

Yup. Minecraft is still the scariest game for me :D

F.E.A.R. and Nightmare house 2.
i thought F.E.A.R. 2 was a lot scarier than the first one. But amnesia didn't really scare me.

Back