XP Activation/Serial Key hack

loony636

FS Member
Nov 13, 2007
Well I have an old version of XP lying around, and I want to install it on my new computer (since Vista sucks). However, I can't find the serial key for it, and since its not currently installed on any computer, I can't find it out that way either.

So is there a serial key/activation hack that people know works that I could use?

Daniel3131

Aug 8, 2007
maby you could go on Crack.MS and there you will find a maby "working" key. I have cracked my comp once. And it did work.

Hope i helped ya...

loony636

FS Member
Nov 13, 2007
Just to add closure: I found a crack which gave me a cd key, and then by using a registry key I tricked the validation thingy. I have to enter the registry key on every startup though...

786Fighter

Apr 12, 2007
USA
Is it Windows XP Professional or Home Edition? If its Professional then I can help you.

If you didn't install XP yet, then heres a CD Key which is used for schools so its always genuine no matter what.
Code:
V2C47-MK7JD-3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J

If you already Installed XP with a different key then the one I gave you then heres what you do to change it to the one I gave you.

1. Download the file I posted on this post.
  2. Inside you will find a file called keyfinder.
  3. Open keyfinder and then go to Options->Change Windows Key.
  4. Put the one that I gave you in there then click change.
  5. Open the program Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool(Included) and make sure your copy became genuine!

Download Link: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Screenshot of keyfinder:

Hope I helped!!!

catdog

FS Member
Oct 11, 2007
Is it Windows XP Professional or Home Edition? If its Professional then I can help you.

If you didn't install XP yet, then heres a CD Key which is used for schools so its always genuine no matter what.
Code:
V2C47-MK7JD-3R89F-D2KXW-VPK3J

If you already Installed XP with a different key then the one I gave you then heres what you do to change it to the one I gave you.

1. Download the file I posted on this post.
  2. Inside you will find a file called keyfinder.
  3. Open keyfinder and then go to Options->Change Windows Key.
  4. Put the one that I gave you in there then click change.
  5. Open the program Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool(Included) and make sure your copy became genuine!

Download Link: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Screenshot of keyfinder:

Hope I helped!!!

do you have something similar but for windows vista ?

786Fighter

Apr 12, 2007
USA
do you have something similar but for windows vista ?
Well for Vista, you can use the same program to change the CD Key but I don't a genuine one for vista yet. What you can do though is go to a retail store next to your house and look for the windows CD Key sticker on the side of the display computers. I did that and got a Windows Vista Ultimate and a Home Premium CD Key. I'm keeping those for myself since they can only be activated a limited amount of times.

catdog

FS Member
Oct 11, 2007
Well for Vista, you can use the same program to change the CD Key but I don't a genuine one for vista yet. What you can do though is go to a retail store next to your house and look for the windows CD Key sticker on the side of the display computers. I did that and got a Windows Vista Ultimate and a Home Premium CD Key. I'm keeping those for myself since they can only be activated a limited amount of times.
but aren't those keys only for oem versions ? so, you have to have the exact copy of that windows vista that came with a pc to use it ? just wondering, cause I have the oem key(vista premium) that came with my toshiba laptop , does it mean i can you use it to activate a retail copy, like i can download a torrent and use it ?

786Fighter

Apr 12, 2007
USA
but aren't those keys only for oem versions ? so, you have to have the exact copy of that windows vista that came with a pc to use it ? just wondering, cause I have the oem key(vista premium) that came with my toshiba laptop , does it mean i can you use it to activate a retail copy, like i can download a torrent and use it ?
I'm not sure. I personally don't plan on upgrading to Vista for a couple more years since the most use out of vista is DirectX10 and I have a DirectX9 video card and I can't afford to buy a DirectX10 video card anytime soon. So I don't know much about vista YET, but I know a lot about XP. Also if you need some nice hacks for PC and tricks, go to i-Hack - Searching the world's secrets.