2 questions please answer

psuchris

FS Member
1. So to get the common files for a game you can download them but if you have the gcf can u just extract it and place contents in common folder?

2. Could you take the files from a standalone and place in common folder also just deleting the rev.ini or whatever extra?

im pretty sure both of these are yes but im just making sure thanks

1.u need to put your GCF files to your steamapps folder placed in your steam directory
and of course restart steam
P.S.
donґt extract the files from your gcf files
2 donґt place them in an common folded and then delete what u THINK it's extra
just let them how they are

1.u need to put your GCF files to your steamapps folder placed in your steam directory
and of course restart steam
P.S.
donґt extract the files from your gcf files
2 donґt place them in an common folded and then delete what u THINK it's extra
just let them how they are

1. i meant so you wouldnt have to download the game through steam it would just play since you extracted it

2. so if you download a standalone and put whole thing in common folder you can play it through steam?

1. i meant so you wouldnt have to download the game through steam it would just play since you extracted it

2. so if you download a standalone and put whole thing in common folder you can play it through steam?

i dont understand first question

If its a stand alone you do not need steam as it will STAND ALONE. You shoule be able to create shortcuts to the exe though steam to manage your games.

1. i meant if you have the gcf for a game, can you extract it with gcfscape and place those files in your common folder instead of going into steam and right clicking on the game and clicking resume updating

2. for the standalone thing i was just asking if that would work by putting it in the common folder

Back