call of duty 4

Maybe a better Question:
Is it possible to (or even better: How can I) insert CoD4 in Steam-Buster with only the ncf's and the retail version? I own the game, but wanted to include it in a lan version of steam ;)

//edit:
sry already found the answer ;)
should have read all stickys first...

Hehe
I'm still trying to get it work, but it's not that easy ;)

It still asks for a DVD...I'll start google a bit, but I think I'll use a Crack or I'm screwed because I use the original files...

Yeah used one from megagames and it worked...
The only Problem I now have is the key.
Of course I don't want to give away my key ;)
But as far as I know the key isn't even saved in the gamefolder, so I have the ppl that load the pack from me to enter a key themselves...not very userfriendly :(
But the main thing is that it works *g*

//edit:
there was a cod 4 dat.ncf in the package that i missed...maybe that changes something ^^

//edit2:
ok now i have the game 2 times in the list ;)
maybe someone put it in the package 2 times with various files ^^

The CD key is stored in the registry I belive. Well I used that "Hack" to get to lvl 55 instantly. t(-_-t) lol.

Can you post a link to that "hack" plz? ;)
I am lvl 55 but the other complain about me geting better weapons on lan and when u change the key the stats are resettet xD
Think with everyone lvl 55 its a bit more fair :D
Hmm since I included most of the games we typically play on lan, Steam-Buster grows to around 70GB...pretty bad for sharing ;)

Btw. nice sig :)
Selfmade?

//edit:
What do i have to search for?
where the key is stored?
i think i'm going to write a little tool that does the changes for the enduser, because i have similar problems with soulstorm and the all-races-patch ;)

Can you post a link to that "hack" plz? ;)
I am lvl 55 but the other complain about me geting better weapons on lan and when u change the key the stats are resettet xD
Think with everyone lvl 55 its a bit more fair :D
Hmm since I included most of the games we typically play on lan, Steam-Buster grows to around 70GB...pretty bad for sharing ;)

Btw. nice sig :)
Selfmade?

//edit:
where the key is stored?
i think i'm going to write a little tool that does the changes for the enduser, because i have similar problems with soulstorm and the all-races-patch ;)

No. Freesteam doesn't support game hacks. We had a vote on it.

Call of duty 4...

where the key is stored?
Registry

good luck

Thx ^^
Ok maybe I'll play some time with a fake-key for lan...in 3 or 4 hours i should be lvl 55 and then i have the desired lvl 55 profile xD
For the Key (if anyone later looks here and has the same problem xD):
It's stored in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Activision\Call Of Duty 4" in the key "codkey". On 64-bit Vista It's stored in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision\Call Of Duty 4"...
So it should be no big deal to write one of those 2 keys into the registry ;)

Anyway thanks for the nice talk *g*

Thanks for you not being a complete noob. We love you kind of new guys the best. :)

Back