1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Monitor out of range. Left 4 dead 2

Discussion in 'Support & Help' started by Hunter_093, February 16, 2010.

1. Hunter_093

Hunter_093 New Member

Hi. I recently got a Razor1911 version of Left 4 Dead, which obviously doesn't require steam. but the problem is that whenever i start the game, my monitor goes out of range. no matter what resolution or refresh rate. btw my monitors native res is 1280 x 1024. 70Hz. .... the weird thing is, that when i plug my pc into the tv, it works, bt the res is 800 x 600. don't know what to do! Please help:confused:

2. PsychoGamer

PsychoGamer FreeSteam Member

yea that is very wierd, if you download it from somewere se thw coments and mayve someone else had the same problem and solve it:D

a and I just make a litle search whit google and i found that you can fix the problem lowering the setting.

3. Echo419

Echo419 FS Owner

He can't lower the setting if he can't get in game, but if you modify the game shortcut with -w 1280 it should work.

4. Hunter_093

Hunter_093 New Member

YO. Finally got it to work. This is what I did: "C:\Games\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2.exe" -windowed. I forced it to a window. Then from there I changed the settings and it works perfeclty

Thanx for the help! :=)

5. PsychoGamer

PsychoGamer FreeSteam Member

you are welcome :D

6. beastbud

beastbud New Member

plz help i m getting the problem 'out of range' in left4dead 2 n i read ur writing but i didnt understood... plz specify it in detail.... thx