Non Dedicated Non Steam Servers?

Chrisd534

Does anyone know how to do this? Ive seen many non dedicated non steam servers and I checked everywhere and still no luck. So now i'm asking the best. Is there any way?

I have a server from gameservers.com and I wanted to know how to make it a non steam server.
I dont want to make a dedicated server..
any help would be appreciated

What do you mean what FTP rights do I have?
Its my server. So I have every right to it? I think. All i can access is the cstrike folder.

I know there is some way of doing this I played on a non steam server before that had a server from gameservers or counter-strike.
Was just wondering if you guys knew how to do this? I dont know if I even have the right files or not. Thats just what ive been told. But they my be lieing.

What they mean about rights is do you have the read / write access in the folders themselves. In order for the server to become nonsteam you need to place those files in the root directory of the server structure. Not in the cstrike folder. Once you are ready to transfer steam.dll and rev.ini, overwrite if it asks you to do so. [This is where the permission talk came into play.]

Once done, you should be all set.

Yes I can read/write on the FTP. But I dont know where to put these files. Or if theyre the right ones. This is what the FTP looks like. Any Help?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
You have to place the files in the actual folder where srcds.exe and hl2.exe would be. Def looks fine, just place the files and as WW3 said, follow the yellow brick road.

I dont have the crack tutorial. All I have are the files. All the cracks im looking at are for SRCDS. Im not running a dedicated server. Im running one off of gameservers.com. So would you guys know the folder name to put the files?

Back