SteamUP suddenly not working

Arcaian

FS Member
I got steamUP yesterday, and it was awesome. I could download heaps of awesome stuff, and install games for my friend's CDs. I had the Orange Box, and I installed it fine. I only installed Half Life 2 and TF2 because I already had portal and I just wanted to see if it worked. I went back today to install HL2 : Episode 1 and 2 and now the steam servers are too busy. This is because it is trying to download it, and can't. Is there anyway to force it to use the CD before initiating the download ?

Bump ^

With Episode 1 and 2 you can not download of steam as with a lot of games, if you have it on disk then run steamup, put the disk in and install

But if you put it in it automatically goes to download, and steam says the way to "force install" from a CD is to got to run, type in your steam folder and steam.exe and add -E ( or whatever your cd drive is), but you have to clear the local "cache files", and so you have to start the download to force it to install from the CD. But because you can't download Episode 1 or 2, I cant start the download, do I don't know how to force install from the CD without starting the download.

Can anyone fix this ?

Back