Updating? O__O

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJPieSlice

FS Member
k, I got a counterstrike client GCF which allows me to download without that annoying 'Steam Servers are too Busy' shit.

Counterstrike finished, I ran it, etc

then steam says its updating, and its gonna take 7 hours to update . . . (some update, huh?)

So I left it on while I was at school, and I came back, Counter-strike was '100% ready'
So I went on ahead, and launched it . . . but it started updating again . . . from 0% . . .

I left it on, then it reached 60% or so by the time I went to sleep . . . and I wake up and the same thing happens O__O

help . . . plz?

The exact thing happened to me few days ago but with another game.

The problem can be for 2 reasons i think:
1є - The demo of L4D has been update many times in a really short period of time if you look at the steam page so is not a problem just normal updates.

2є - Maybe the "Boom" of downloads of L4D demo has generated a saturation to the steam download servers causing this problem.

But i dont know if a saturation of the servers can cause this trouble of update a game many times without need it, but how it happens to me too with another game some days after the release of the l4d demo i linked the problem to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back