Cheat patcher!! (Maybe VAC2 Solution?)

EriX920

Respected
From what I understand, VAC2 scans and checks the running processes on your computer. If it finds a process that has the same CRC as one in it's database it bans the current logged in SteamID. If you were to change the CRC or the MD5 of a file every time you launched your cheat it would be very hard for VAC to pick up on it.

With that thought in my mind I decided to try with success! I was able to patch my cheat DLL and still have it work. I have *NOT* tested this to see if it actually gets by as not a cheat with VAC2. If there was a way, I would test but since I don't know one I guess it's going to be trial and error.

Why make this? Haven't you heard of Cafes?
Well, Cafes can't get banned as you know, but VAC2 can still pick up if your running a detected cheat. Think about it, how many people cheat at legit gaming Cafes? Cheating will only increase the chance of Valve finding the fake gaming cafe used to give access to their precious games. A "CRC randomizer" will hopefully alleviate this issue.

This Sounds promising. I would love to be able to use good ol' HL2Hook again... Does this mean you can use detected cheats on your personal acct as well? Without getting banned? Would be nice... I'll keep a close eye on this...

This Sounds promising. I would love to be able to use good ol' HL2Hook again... Does this mean you can use detected cheats on your personal acct as well? Without getting banned? Would be nice... I'll keep a close eye on this...

Yes it would but VAC stepped it's game up for HL2, apparently peb hiding and other current methods are detected now. So this isn't foolproof but it's a good way there.

Thanks WW3, I was wondering if anyone elses attempts failed.

So now, if your cheat is detected, what do you modify to make it not?

Oh and, "The other solution which I consider much better, though slightly more difficult to implement is to write a polymorph engine for your hook procedures. It doesn't have to be anything too fancy, even randomized NOP-equivalent padding in-between actually relevant instructions(NOP equivalents are instructions such as mov eax, eax). This would make any
attempt at CRC checking your functions fail. I haven't yet implemented this method. However, I might end up writing some PoC code for it at some point." I can do that.

I'm not sure how I would go about searching through the file, finding modules and putting NOPs in there but I can add NOPs randomly about the application then pack it.

Yes, VAC2 added a new function that I believe looks for hooks now. I don't remember exactly. Also, there was some form of update to prevent PEB hiding/etc. However it can still be done to further protect your cheat. The more you do the better either way. Polymorph is a big +1 to add to any cheat. HL2Hook fuckin sucked lol.

http://rapidshare.com/files/106212364/VAC2.rar
Big thing of VAC2 information (Older, doesn't include most recent update)

holy shit where did u get this?

I really think my idea would work.. When you goto release a new version of a cheat do you actually change function name? I think by randomly patching in 250 NOPs at addresses 10000-60000 would do the trick.

Okay, back down to 100 NOPs, 250 makes the file unstable.

Ahahaha good choice lol.

Lol, i'm waiting for someone to us the randomizer and say they got banned then come bitching and complaining.