Critical Vulnerbility in Cracked Servers

.ISO

FS Member
A critcal security vulnerbility has been discovered in cracked servers (server with cracked engine.dll), and this has been discovered by a misterious man called MR.Clean, who is a crack server hater. The exploit would let the hacker seize root access to the server's operating system, which will allow the hacker to manipulate the system, such as delete, steal, upload files to the server, and even DOWNLOAD files from it. A few people who observed the have has claimed that the scrds was stalled for a moment, and ftp.exe was spawned automatically. A similar thing would happen if you are running linux as well.
Here is a conversation between my friend, who is a server operator of a popular 32 man cracked server.

Mr. Clean: I have a piece of information for you
----: ?
Mr. Clean: Pirate servers have a security vulnerability
Mr. Clean: As long as your server is pirate
Mr. Clean: I will kill it
Mr. Clean: randomly
----: whos this
Mr. Clean: Someone who doesn't like pirate servers
----: whats the vulnerability
Mr. Clean is now Offline.
Mr. Clean is now playing Team Fortress 2. Click here to join.
Mr. Clean is now Online.
Mr. Clean: Did you get that
Mr. Clean: ----: whos this
Mr. Clean: Someone who doesn't like pirate servers
Mr. Clean: I deleted everything related to your tf2 server
Mr. Clean: I left it as that as a warning
Mr. Clean: if you start up another pirate server I will hose the operating system
----: lol
----: stfu
Mr. Clean: lol
Mr. Clean: your server hasn't come back

MR.Clean's steam community page can be accessed here:
Steam Community :: ID :: Mr.CleanESQ

If you know how this exploit was done, please let me know, so i can contact vivanty and other server crack makers. Also, i am also developing my own crack, so i need to know about this as well. Thanks and be safe.

It's probably a modified engine.dll to allow the user access through a trojan/rat.

Also, this is on rin. It's apparently through using VUP (Vitlyns) project.

Yep, as i said, my friend posted that thread on Rin, but he didn't tell them the details on what the exploit can do. It's pretty damn seirous.

No i don't think that's the one. This have nothing to do with DDOS.
Also, wtf do u do with that

Yes, if you can take down a server that means you DoS'd it. Its a script, run it agasint any cracked servers and you'll take it down.

Thanks for the info, but this was patched like 2 years ago, and viytan said that this is not the exploit

It may be patched but other people don;t know that there's an update to stop it ^^

Oh and good effort posting that which i linked you to.

"but this was patched like 2 years ago,"
i was talkin about the exploit that delta posted

"It may be patched"
no it's not

"It's not patched"
It's not patched

One delta posted,

2008-01-06 Half-Life CSTRIKE Server 1.6 Denial of Service Exploit (no-steam)

That is all.

UPDATE:

Original Link:
http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cach...hp?t=73039+core2.smx&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=ca

So... the hacker was using SourceMod as a backdoor...

Negative core2 is not actually part of the base sourcemod package, either he's got a bad plugin people are exploiting or someones got his admin password.

"c:\Programming\hack_mm\" modified metamod please? Unless he has the sockets extension loaded he's not gonna be able to download anyway.

However we do know that AMX/SourceMod don't work properly on cracked servers, so we know some modification of the original source occurred.