cftoolbox and updating

fallbackwand

okay. so this is the setup: I have pac cafe, cftoolbox, and several gcf files (counter-strike.gcf, half-life.gcf, half-life engine.gcf, platform.gcf, half-life basecontent.gcf, winui1.gcf, and winui2.gcf) i don't even know if winui1 and 2 and half-life basecontent.gcfs are even needed but w/e. I want to be able to play on counter-strike legit servers on steam, and i know i can because i did it before but uninstalled cs to make more hdd space. now i reinstall it.. but with problems.

my problem: when i try to download cs, it says downloading:67% but it's NOT because the bandwidth monitor is 0 kbps

this is what i tried to do: i updated all the above gcf files but counterstrike, halflifeengine, and platform are outdated and halflife.gcf fails the validation process. so i dowlnoaded half-life.gcf from this site and tried to update it using cftoolbox, but it always says error during update.

my question: is having an invalid half-life.gcf file the problem, wtf does it keeps saying error during update, and do i need to update the other gcf filese to 100%? what am i missing here??

thanks

thanks

Back