GCF/NCF WHAT?! pleas help (total noob here)!

Atomic

hi everyone i am new here but google brought me here. so i am planning on downloading Half life 2 non steam version but then i searched to see if mods/maps work on the non steam version. then that brings me here. so i came to some topics but i then got really confused of GCF/NCF what are these files?? i just want to know how i can get my game to work just fine with mods maps and... i am sure all you guys are pros so can some one explain to me on what they are and what i should do? and if there is a better link to download half life 2 so i can get ready i would appreciate it. Thanks!

gcf are files used by steam for mostly valve games, they contain all the files for the games, ncf are simply used by steam to direct steam to the game's commen files

maps should work in the non steam version but i would download the steam version, you can download it from steam(i think) as long as you are using cracked steam (i personaly use steamup) otherwise download the steam version from this forum,that way you can garenty that the maps will work along with the countless mods for half life 2

Back