GRAMMAR WARS!

Ray

Im a Pro?

Hello,
thanks for your advice! I wont use anymore abbreviations. Well I know my English isn't perfect but as German I think it is really good. Well. I will remember where the capitals should be placed .
Hope more people might endorse me.

Ray

Hello,
thanks for your advice! I wont use anymore abbreviations. Well I know my English isn't perfect but as German I think it is really good. Well. I will remember where the capitals should be placed .
Hope more people might endorse me.

Ray

You shouldn't say that because I can speak and write fluently in more than five languages.

no theres not... there is only 1

Sorry rushil but there's 2.
Bascailly theres 2 after a full stop and 1 after a comma (although it seems with Vbulletin that if you put 2 its shows as 1 regardless). Trust me on this, check it up if you have to.

Back on subject please.

Sorry rushil but there's 2.
Bascailly theres 2 after a full stop and 1 after a comma (although it seems with Vbulletin that if you put 2 its shows as 1 regardless). Trust me on this, check it up if you have to.

Back on subject please.

^ "Use one space (not two) after these punctuation marks [sc. period, question mark, exclamation point, or colon], as the practice of using two spaces is just another holdover from using a typewriter." Schriver, Karen A, Dynamics in Document Design, Wiley, NY, 1997, p. 502; "In typewritten (as distinct from typeset) material, it was customary to place two spaces after a colon, semicolon, full stop or other sentence closing punctuation. Programs for word processing and desktop publishing offer more sophisticated, variable spacing, so this practice of double spacing is now avoided because it can create distracting gaps on a page." AGPS Style Manual, 2002, 6th edition, p. 117.

Sorry but there's one... i just couldn't let that go so yeah... BACK ON TOPIC. Woot Ray...

But they arnt saying you CANT use two, just stating its a distraction.

Cmon bud lets get back, WWIII will warn us .

This grammar argument gets it's own thread

PREPARE TO FIGHT!

and my NAZI style : it is only 1 space kthnxbai.

seems with Vbulletin that if you put 2 its shows as 1 regardless). Trust me on this, check it up if you have to.

because it auto corrects bad grammar ^^

Well ive known it to be 2 so lets just agree we all have our own ways.
kthnx

Quoted from Wiki:

Seems both ways are acceptable and down to personel preference ive been taught one way and others may be taught otherways.

Nothing personel guys, just a friendly debate .

LOl... Well. I never wanted to start a grammar war! Well. How bad . Now I started a War *G*

Everybook i have ever seen only uses 1 space after a full stop and when i was little i read ALOT of books. Never have i seen 2 spaces. Get with the times bud... according to that article 2 spaces is in the past... move with the times already!