How do I get games for free for Steam???

TheCrayonMan529

I am new to this website, so I need some help. I want to get MW2 from steam for free and I dont know how to get it. So if you guys can help me out, it would really help. Also I would like to download other games free to from Steam. Thanks:D

Get SteamUp! (or Undead Patch, they'll both work). And download a GCF for your game and put them in the "steamapps" folder. You can find GCFs here. Just remember to use a blank account.

Oh yes, apparently there is no GCF for MW2, so you'll have to use other means to get it (torrents).

I am new to this website, so I need some help. I want to get MW2 from steam for free and I dont know how to get it. So if you guys can help me out, it would really help. Also I would like to download other games free to from Steam. Thanks:D

Not to be an asshole but, there is no such thing as free. (metaphorically speaking)

Game cache file, its like a zip file except its not compressed. It gets extracted while the game is being launched (virtual folders).

Games that arn't made by Valve (counter strike, half life) don't use this method. Some games have .pak files which are less complicated but are basically the same thing.

alright i downloaded a gcf for cs 1.6
i moved it into my steamapps folder
tried to run it
steam pops up a message saying steam servers r too busy to handle my request or somthing and told me to try again later
i tried like 9000 times

wat do i do?
any help is appreciated

alright i downloaded a gcf for cs 1.6
i moved it into my steamapps folder
tried to run it
steam pops up a message saying steam servers r too busy to handle my request or somthing and told me to try again later
i tried like 9000 times

wat do i do?
any help is appreciated

You need a launcher/cracked steam. It's been explained multiple times in this same thread. It's important to read. :D Like the 2nd post has a launcher and cracked steam. Get either ones, follow instructions, and then you should have cs 1.6 in your games and it should say download starting or whatever.

yes, thank you for that question, since I actualy have the same one. The whole GCF downloading and installing/updating in steam has been working wonderfull so far, but there's still a lot of games out on steam which are not posted here in GCF format. I've read some of the posts and threads containing some info on the NCF files but none of them really explain how this works. After I downloaded these files, what do I do?
thx in advance.

yes, thank you for that question, since I actualy have the same one. The whole GCF downloading and installing/updating in steam has been working wonderfull so far, but there's still a lot of games out on steam which are not posted here in GCF format. I've read some of the posts and threads containing some info on the NCF files but none of them really explain how this works. After I downloaded these files, what do I do?
thx in advance.

You have to get a folder called "common" with NCF.It contains all the game files.

Back