1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help! with everything!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Qbeck, January 27, 2008.

1. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

ok so whenever i try to open steam or undead, it says it cant find steam.ddl, which i do have. I tried to reinstall, but that did nothing, because when i press run, it says that its not a valid windows installer package

2. Yaggermister

Yaggermister FS Member

hmmm so ur saying u reinstalled or that u cant reinstall because windows wont let u and if so did u try deleting the steam.dll

3. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

it says that it is being used by another person or program! son of a bitch!

4. Reflector

Reflector Full Member

Uninstall it, restart your computer, then delete the whole steam directory. If you have either profiles or GCF files that you've downloaded/made, back them up too. Reinstall steam, then try the undead patch. If that doesn't work, try installing steam to a different directory and see if that's any better.

5. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

steam is already uninstalled, and i cant' reinstall it. I can't delete steam.ddl

6. Yaggermister

Yaggermister FS Member

did u delete the folder?

7. rushil01

rushil01 Maestro of Meyhem

if he can't delete the dll then he won't be able to delete the folder. Start your PC in safe mode and then you should be able to delete it

8. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

9. Reflector

Reflector Full Member

If you want to try and uninstall it properly, try a program called "Your uninstaller" and also download a program called Crap Cleaner. Try using both of them to uninstall it. If that fails, then do safe mode. Just go Run -> msconfig -> boot.ini then tick "/safeboot" and restart. Then when you're done, untick "/safeboot" and restart again :)

10. Qbeck

Qbeck FS Member

will try-lunch>portal

the directory is deleted, i still get the error in my screen shot