New to the site

epicbeauskii

FS Member
From what I see this site is extremely helpful to any possible questions I could imagine about free steam, who doesn't like free games am I right or am I right

youreright.png

Im working on my first project getting star wars battlefront 2 (just a test of getting a game I already own it just seeing how this actually works) downloading it is 1 thing then getting games to work with cracked servers and seeing if the games community is alive is another thing :/

Can I ask you like 2 questions without you permabanslapping me in the face?

You know just to get me started being active on the site, i used the search bar to seek out my answers but the results were useless

Sorry, Hokay... From what I understand you need to download the GCF files for the game which are provided for you on the download site

Also from what I understand is that you need a version of cracked steam to even install the game

I downloaded Steamup which is what I thought was a version of cracked steam, so now when i want run steam I should use the steamup.exe right if thats even a cracked steam

what other programs would I need to get before I start downloading a game such as L4D and attempt playing it online on a cracked server ?

I know.... N0000000000000B :/

But with knowledge comes great power :)

For ex) Im looking at this link ----> http://freesteam.org/forums/stand-alone-games/12897-left-4-dead-2-guaranteed-work.html if I wanted to download L4d, Id have to go to each 1 of these links part 1-35 untill I had all the necessary GCF files for L4d, then I plop them in the steam directory and walaa?

and sorry thats like 2 BIG questions just don't hurt me

Sounds like you've got it all down right... SteamUp will work... if a GCF is out of date try CFToolbox to update it. Other then that, it looks to me that you got it down.

Okay I just noticed this, with Steamup.exe it shows you im not sure if its ALL steam games but theres a large list of games, and it seems all the links to the games i try to get the gcf's from (the rapidshares etc. etc.) are too old to download from, is that an reoccuring problem, and im still not sure where exactly to put the GCF files yet or how id go about getting online cracked servers but Ive been doing my homework for the past 2 hours on this site

BTW keep it green digitalgeek

Not only did I nap CFToolbox off the site, i got jdownloader which I think is to download all those links to rapid share at once to save the tedious hassle

Steamup shows you all games, thank you for realising you cannot download the majority of games direct from steam.

All gcf/ncf go in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps folder. If the game you are trying to download is a ncf game then you will have to copy the common files to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common This is because a ncf doesnt contain game data like a gcf so you need the common files to play.

Cracked servers depend on the game, if it is a valve game (css, tf2, l4d, etc) then use the setti master server from Masterserver Instructions | Setti for other games just google cracked servers.

I think for once there is a new guy who actually has a shred of common sense. This is good.

Thank all of you Lark, Wad92, and Digitalgeek, trust me i was doing my homework for a good few hours to learn what I did, I still haven't actually got a download to a game not even as a test yet due to all the games I was trying to download the rapid share links were all dead, as of right now im gonna look for a gcf files of L4D 2 even tho my computer probably can't run it untill I get my new labtop.... eventually I wan't to try and learn to upload games of my own on here possibly Halo combat evolved cause that game was a blast when i first started to play it a few years back and it still is and I wan't to bring some sort of a community back to it

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oh and Wad92 when I put the GCF files in steamapps folder, would I want to make a new folder and label it as the game i downloaded and put all the files in there?

Oh and Wad92 when I put the GCF files in steamapps folder, would I want to make a new folder and label it as the game i downloaded and put all the files in there?

Nope no need to do that, unless you are talking about the common files, in that you want to put the the folder containing the game files. For example mw2 would be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2 and in that folder would be all the stuff like the exe and stuff if that makes sence?

Yeah im pretty sure i got it, i still haven't tried it yet, but i just finished downloading echo's audiosurf game for steam as a test, i don't already own it, and it was only 2 rar files i had to download instead of 35 parts or something,

ill post again if i have an issue getting audiosurf to work

and thanks again you have all been a great help indeed

no problem, makes a change from answering the usual questions of "OMG I tried to download every single game of steam but they give me steam server is busy error, and i am to retarded to realise that if you could download every single game from steam then people would not post download links"

lmao, I have been on here for 1 day and Ive already seen hundreds of "GIVE ME STEAM ACCOUNT" , however it is quiet hard to get ahold of the GCF files for me, And I got audio surf downloaded, its in 2 rar files, so All i do is literally extract them into the steamapps folder, and not steamapps/common where all the other games are stored

Wow I just shit myself, I used a thing called Common sense and put it in the common folder in steamapps and it installing right now, was it necessary for me to download both the rar files provided to install it or did i only need just one of them

Back