NO MORE cafe certificates (WTF ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catdog

FS Member
« on: Today at 08:16:08 PM »
Dear Cafes
We have just been informed from Valve that support will be ending for the VTT system on the 1st November 2008. Valve will be shutting down the VTT System thus ending support for dynamically assigned cafe accounts (valvecafepc####) and the ability to use time-based billing.

WHAT THIS MEANS
Is that cafes will be assigned individual accounts & passwords. Cafes that are using the VTT ( eg: 4 seats to cover 12 PCs) will need to let me know if you are going to require more seats to cover your cafй requirements. Cafes that have as many seats as PCs will be fine, as all there PCs have accounts anyway. Cafes will receive an e-mail with the new individual accounts within the next 2 weeks or sooner. You will need to implement these accounts by November 1st. I am still waiting on confirmation if the CAS is going to be supported, and will let cafes know as soon as I do.

Please be patient, as I will try my best to make this transition as smooth as possible.

This was posted on .rin a couple of days ago, so I'm just saying Valve is going away from certificates again to Cafe Accounts. And it will require some sort of a new 'key' and a new login info. Looks like Valve is going back and forth with all this cafe stuff; it was mac address authorization at first and it gone real bad then they moved to certificates with a hope that this will end a nightmare for them, didn't work again and finally a new system again. It will start on November 1st, so a month from now. Any thoughts ?
and here is a description for this:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9130-UOPB-7700

discuss

This new certainly spread fast haha. No further discussion is needed, as it is in private and already has been looked into as much as possible.

We are not certain if this is 100% true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back