pc vs mac

As a gamer it is PC easy. The mac has its softwere limitations and is rediculasy overpriced, you also have to buy it from apple, you cannot custom build one so you cannot get the hardwear you want, only what they chose. However i prefer using a mac for media, i.e image and video editing and i also prefer it for genral use. I say this because the mac has a freindlyer gui an i have found it less harder to crash then a pc. It also starts when you press on and takes you straight to the login menu instead of loading for what seems like an eternity.

So to sum up i prefer a PC for gaming but mac for image editing

Well, here's an old joke that begins like this: What if operating systems were airlines?

* Windows Airlines -- The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly stewards, easy baggage check and boarding, and a smooth take-off. After about 10 minutes in the air, the plane explodes with no warning whatsoever.

* Mac Airlines -- All the stewards, stewardesses, captains, baggage handlers and ticket agents look the same, act the same, and talk the same. Every time you ask questions about details, you are told you don't need to know, don't want to know, and would you please return to your seat and watch the movie.

* Linux Airlines -- Disgruntled employees of all the other OS airlines decide to start their own airline. They build the planes, ticket counters, and pave the runways themselves. They charge a small fee to cover the cost of printing the ticket, but you can also download and print the ticket yourself. When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts, a wrench and a copy of the seat-HOWTO.html. Once settled, the fully adjustable seat is very comfortable, the plane leaves and arrives on time without a single problem, the in-flight meal is wonderful. You try to tell customers of the other airlines about the great trip, but all they can say is, 'You had to do what with the seat?'

i only use windows for gaming & linux for doing other thing like surfing, watch movie, torrents, programming etc...

PC all the way.

Though I have to ask, why isn't a MAC considered a PC?? They are both computers, they do practically the same things... Just a different OS and little differences in hardware. Is the MAC not personal or something?

:-P

PC all the way.

Though I have to ask, why isn't a MAC considered a PC?? They are both computers, they do practically the same things... Just a different OS and little differences in hardware. Is the MAC not personal or something?

:-P

It's a mac because the idiots at Apple
#1 Think they're better
#2 Try to deceive/delude users by saying it's not a PC.

PCs are way better xD
All the people that i know who have gotten macs have regretted it, and would have preferred a PC. They only got it for the 'cool' factor that i don't really see..

Either Mac is trying to rip off Linux (maybe vice versa) or it's because a few years back mac switched over to a Unix based backend (correct me if I'm wrong). And, of course Linux is and always has been based off of Unix.

I, personally, never thought Mac looked like Linux... but it's been a few years since I've seen a mac.

Mac copy pasted BSD for it's core while Linux is it's own kernel etc.. based on Unix ideas.

DigitalGeek, i guess you've only ever used KDE on Linux because if you used Gnome you would see how much of Gnome was stolen for Mac.

Echo: No I'm not fond of KDE ... I actually prefer Gnome or Xfce... I use linux all the time, I never use MAC... Never owned a MAC, I've probably only used a MAC for an hour in my whole life... so really if there are any similarity's between MAC and a Linux Desktop Environment then I really wouldn't know.

Well, here's an old joke that begins like this: What if operating systems were airlines?

* Windows Airlines -- The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly stewards, easy baggage check and boarding, and a smooth take-off. After about 10 minutes in the air, the plane explodes with no warning whatsoever.

* Mac Airlines -- All the stewards, stewardesses, captains, baggage handlers and ticket agents look the same, act the same, and talk the same. Every time you ask questions about details, you are told you don't need to know, don't want to know, and would you please return to your seat and watch the movie.

* Linux Airlines -- Disgruntled employees of all the other OS airlines decide to start their own airline. They build the planes, ticket counters, and pave the runways themselves. They charge a small fee to cover the cost of printing the ticket, but you can also download and print the ticket yourself. When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts, a wrench and a copy of the seat-HOWTO.html. Once settled, the fully adjustable seat is very comfortable, the plane leaves and arrives on time without a single problem, the in-flight meal is wonderful. You try to tell customers of the other airlines about the great trip, but all they can say is, 'You had to do what with the seat?'

When it's all said and done - IMO the quoted post is the winner :D

cheers
OldFart

P.S.
1. For non life critical applications - "IBM" PCs (remember those)
2. For graphics generation - MACs appear to be preferred by most pro's
3. Simulation and emulation - PC/Windoze
4. Gaming - PC using Windoze (except Vista :rolleyes:)
5. If YOUR life depends on it - A real embedded OS ;)

Back