[Release] Cheat Check

EriX920

Respected
The is an ongoing project and am going to need help with its development soon. It will be a master database for all cheats including their hash/file name/file date/vac2 status/website and other pertinent information.

Features:
  • Master database for all cheats
  • Cheat's information such as: Hash,Date,Name,Vac2 Status and more
  • VAC2 latest update + MD5 sum
  • Warns user if cheat's date is later than VAC2's date
Taking any and all suggestions!

Current workings:
Code:
Client --> (Send cheat info) --> (Exists, move on)     --> (Get latest build)  ---> (Get VAC2 data)
                             --> (Not Exists, Insert)  --> (Nothing)           -|

Screenshot:

2ujpp2s.jpg

Download:

Attachments

• CheatCheck.rar
    104.2 KB · Views: 153
[Preview] Cheat Check

yes, but it doesn't check the vac2 status from valve, but from his server. Either way, it will still be good.

[Preview] Cheat Check

But once you had dedicated members to report which ones work and when thye are detected, this would work well.

[Preview] Cheat Check

Yup, I have it so when you request info it will add you cheat into the database so there's a giant master database. Then I will have another database that will hold latest build and vac status.

[Preview] Cheat Check

This is exactly what tthe hack community has been needing! Thanks and looking forward to it.

[Preview] Cheat Check

YAY! that is what I tested! xD, I single-handed-ly made a coder want to screen and encrypt there code, from people like me. I feel enthused.

[Preview] Cheat Check

Well VAC has banned I'm guessing at least 500,000 accounts by now. I remember Valve said they banned 10,000 cheats in a week after a vac update. What a lol.

[Preview] Cheat Check

Holy shit, that's quite a few.

Anyway, I drew out the plans for the databases for this thing and it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to make. Only thing is is that I don't know how I'm going to change whether a cheat is detected or not. The only option I'm seeing as of right now would be to manually go in and change the status manually. While that can be simply done, once a substantial database is built I do not want to have to manually edit things. Maybe I'll just make a form so users can edit the current VAC2 status by a simple drop down box. However there is always someone whose going to mess around and set an undetected cheat to detected and cause havoc.

Still lots of planning to do so help is welcome!

[Preview] Cheat Check

you could do something like a ticket system. When a hack becomes detected normal users can send a ticket saying its detected and then the server operator can check it out

[Preview] Cheat Check

Rushil that is a good idea. I'm just not sure how we would check and see if they are actually detected or not. Maybe if detectedRequest > 2 then cheat.detected = true or something along those lines.

[Preview] Cheat Check

have a queueing system, and base the results on how many people use a certain hack, to how many people said it was detected. You can also search every once in a while on sites like this to see if they were found.

--

You should optomzie the database for the yes/no field as settnig it to the following (MySQL I presume):

BitWise (NULL) +1 default: 0 ALOC: 3

this only takes 1 byte of data to store, in comparison to most things taking 4.

[Preview] Cheat Check

I'm thinking make this release private :D. Once valve finds out about it, more will be done to counter act it so a VIP release would benefit you and the users. Once it's out in public, no doubt it'll be spread to other communities. Or at least trial it for a month in VIP and get feed back.

[Preview] Cheat Check

I'm thinking make this release private :D. Once valve finds out about it, more will be done to counter act it so a VIP release would benefit you and the users. Once it's out in public, no doubt it'll be spread to other communities. Or at least trial it for a month in VIP and get feed back.

How would they they counteract this? It's a simple database, the worst thing of all would them getting access to my database and find which cheats are undetected and going on from there.

We'll see how it all goes though ;).

Added a new SS

[Preview] Cheat Check

Maybe counter act it wasn't the right word/s. I pretty much saying that, once valve has a copy of the program and can view the current hacks and cheats still undetected, all they have to do is download them, add them to their VAC database, release an update and BAM! All non detected hacks are now VAC secured. I just believe making it private would increase the rate hacks are detected and added to the database. That's just my two sense though :)

[Preview] Cheat Check

That's a good point reflector. I think that you should merge this program with your fsdistro program so that only people who you authorize could get access if you're worried about valve/steam trying to interfere or you could use some other similar authorizing system.

[Preview] Cheat Check

Yeah i've been working on Fsdistro for the last couple of hours and I got ticketing/ip auth/userpass auth/hwid auth done for the most part. Still having a few problems but nothing that can't be fixed ;). This should be fairly easy to implement into my server though.

[Preview] Cheat Check

That's a good point reflector. I think that you should merge this program with your fsdistro program so that only people who you authorize could get access if you're worried about valve/steam trying to interfere or you could use some other similar authorizing system.

Very good idea :D. If it's not too hard to implement, it should be done :D

[Preview] Cheat Check

Yeah i've been working on Fsdistro for the last couple of hours and I got ticketing/ip auth/userpass auth/hwid auth done for the most part. Still having a few problems but nothing that can't be fixed ;). This should be fairly easy to implement into my server though.
I completed that ip script you wanted.

[Preview] Cheat Check

[..] once valve has a copy of the program and can view the current hacks and cheats still undetected, all they have to do is download them, add them to their VAC database, release an update and BAM! [..]
A constant website database at Cheat-Project is kept and maintained, just like how Erix describes his new project.

When VAC updates, the site automatically adjusts all cheats to its respected status'. This site has been up for 1 1/2 year +, and before its new inception, it was VacDisabled and Cheat-Network. Valve knows about it and has not 'updated' VAC to catch all the cheats. So Erix idea won't make them jump to your conclusion.

It is a good idea though, Erix.

[Preview] Cheat Check

A constant website database at Cheat-Project is kept and maintained, just like how Erix describes his new project.

When VAC updates, the site automatically adjusts all cheats to its respected status'. This site has been up for 1 1/2 year +, and before its new inception, it was VacDisabled and Cheat-Network. Valve knows about it and has not 'updated' VAC to catch all the cheats. So Erix idea won't make them jump to your conclusion.

It is a good idea though, Erix.

Thanks ;), i've been working on http://www.freesteam.org/forums/upc...ion/5709-preview-content-delivery-system.html lately so I haven't had much time to work on this, though it's basically done.

[Preview] Cheat Check

I've attached the program in the first post, please help and build the database! I'm adding the ability to change the status of the cheat in the next build.

Eric we need to have a little chat about this project.

Doesn't mean I don't need to have a chat with him :D lol. When school starts for me in a few weeks I will have to focus on that more... Hopefully learning a lot more too coding wise.

Basically what campstaff stated is true. Erix's db would be like c-p.com . Valve has never done anything about it. Valve is changing their systems i guess we should try and do the same. Like hit them where they don't expect it from. And sorry erix for this (no offence) I don't see a really important need for it. Maybe in the end you can develop it into something else you will think like you did with another project.

Back