Safe selling stolen accounts on ebay?

jModels

FS Member
what can happen from sellin stoeln accounts on ebay. i take it nothing will but better to ask.

also who do i gets a cafe accont if its even possible anymore

danke

Politix. Maybe WW3 can answer this.

But IMO I don't think anything could happen to the stolen accounts unless the accounts that have been stolen were to be retrieved by the original owner. From my own experience...I had to retrieve my stolen account with a simple jpg of the CD Key on the box :D

Well hopefully WW3 gets in this thread and he can answer your question.

Gern geschehen :D

I don't think I'm qualified to awnser this but if you go to ebay and title your product "Stolen Steam Account. Discription: Don't tell anyone where you got this account! If the dweeb who owns this account gets it back let me know and I'll steal it right back for you." I'd personally be looking for some real estate in Mexico.

Steam accounts will be immediately deleted or before auction time is over. They are not allowed to be sold on ebay in any way, shape, or form.

SpeedDemon14, whats the point in saying its not stolen if you not allowed to sell accounts at all ?

Steam accounts what so ever are not allowed on eBay. You don't get the point speeddemon.

Heh, well I understood ok but I kind of knew that. What you see is loads of shit saying tings like:

To ebay: I am selling the account name and password and the account is subsequently free. This is not against the Valve terms of service.

Or if not maybe….. Do these get deleted also or dose this work. Would using a trick like (off the top of my head) "Free steam account with paper clip", where you would be 'giving' the steam account away for free and what the bidders would be technically bidding/buying would be the paperclip. So you would have the paperclips selling at maybe Ј20 each. :D

On a slightly related topic – If you ever look at the steam/Valve forum you probably have seen in lots of posts that accounts being sold get disabled. Of course they can only disable the account if they get its name. When people are selling the account on ebay, in the screenshot you will always see the name hidden to avoid the account getting disabled I take it. Using this, isn’t it possible for a person to get someone’s account disabled permanently by putting it up for sale on ebay and displaying the name. Of course the person would not be in possession of the account but how would anyone know that. So would that accounts get disabled or dose Valve require further evidence? I don’t know how Valve is able to claim that accounts being sold or shared get disabled. Is it just bullshit to try scare people into not doing it?

Thanks, jModels

It is against Valve's TOS/EULA. That's why it isn't allowed on eBay.

Back