Setting up MiSteamPrep Source Standalones & Online Play

MrCrash357

Hi,

I recently tried to convert all of my source games to standalones, and as you guess, that's not a total success. That's why i would need some help.
The soft i used to do that is MiSteamPrep (configured by default, with RevEmu, and keeping the GCF files for easier update) (by the way, they're almost perfectly up to date)
Most of single player games work well, but i've got problems with Garrysmod and TF2, and the Source SDK
TF2 has no problem launching the game, so i can play LAN with no problem (at least i think so). But when it comes to online playing, i always get this error message in the server browser: Steam Beta must be running to make use of find servers. I thought i had already ound some answers for this but they only seem to work for the cracked steam client. And, as i want to get rid of steam, that would be no better solution for me than simply playing on the original steam.

When i try to start Garrysmod, all i get is a dialog box with this error message: NO STEAM APPS!. I never found any solutions for that yet.

I'd also like to map for these games: HL2+Ep1&2+DM, TF2, Portal, CS:S, Garrysmod.
It would probably be a better idea to use the REVOLUTiON SourceSDK to have a standalone but i don't know if or how it's possible to map for all of the games above.

Thanks in advance for your help.

As far as making the standalones go. Use this guide. Make sure to use the rev-emu emulator.

And for mapping, and map you make in hammer editor can be used in any source game. As long as the models and textures are present.

Thanks for the link, i'll try with this tuto, cause it wasn't this one i used when i first tried to make my standalones. I'll come again if i encounter further problems.

And for mapping, and map you make in hammer editor can be used in any source game. As long as the models and textures are present.

Yeah i know quite a lot about hammer, but i read somewhere that it wasn't easy at all to make a standalone out of the original Source SDK, as it's not really a game but a tool, that's why i asked about REVOLUTiON's Source SDK, that is a standalone.By my question i meant: how do you configure REVOLUTiON's Source SDK to get other games in the launcher's list than CS:S, HL2, DoD:S,...(maybe there were a few more but i saw no portal or TF2)?
Besides, REVOLUTiON's Source SDK provides more tools than the original SDK in its launcher, so if i could use it for all of my source games, it would be great.

Edit:
If you know that already, skip that and continue with the next paragraph. A standalone is a version of a Steam game running without any installation, without Steam and therefore also offline and without any kind of a launcher. Basically, a standalone converts your Steam game in a normal game, the game's folder will afterwards also look similar to a normal cracked game. The disadvantage of standalones are that they can't share the files between each other as they'd share if they were be in a GCF.

Seems like the tutorial i already read: it's offline and not GCF based.
Maybe i just don't get it: is there really no way to play online (on cracked servers) using a standalone ?

Back