Sid Meier's Civilization IV (PLEASE Read)

awesome-o-3000

Hi,
I'm requesting the GCF for this game- Sid Meier's Civilization IV
I saw a post that said

Mini GCF/NCFs and Full GCF/NCFs
Mini GCF/NCF = a GCF with near 0 bytes of data in it, this is useful to make certain games download via steam.
Full GCF/NCF = A full version of the game, this can be used by launchers and steam to play the game you downloaded.

I want the Mini GCF/NFC because i want to download the game through steam and i heard having the GCF/NFC for it will make it stop saying "server busy"
So if you can get that foe me or tell me some other way i can get the game to work, Thanks

Well,It doesn't matter if you have the gfc.
You can add the gfc in the steamapps, but you'll only get a icon in steam which practicly shows you that you've purchased Civilization and the only thing left is the download.
However when you'll try to download it you'll get the error that the servers are too busy to handle your request.

pfff... what! so no matter how hard i try, i cant get this game! This is the whole reason i have downloaded all these new applications and downloaded all these ncfs and gcfs and yet i wont be able to play?

..... So what should i do to get this game cuz i have purchased this game to many times to buy it again..

Well,It doesn't matter if you have the gfc.
You can add the gfc in the steamapps, but you'll only get a icon in steam which practicly shows you that you've purchased Civilization and the only thing left is the download.
However when you'll try to download it you'll get the error that the servers are too busy to handle your request.

I think that you are having a very big misunderstanding you are confusing the NCF whit the Mini-GCF,There are only mini-GCF for valve game (valve games use GCF the others use NCF + common folder) the others dont have mini-GCF.In that case you have to search the NCF+Common folder.(also when you download only the NCF it shows as it is 100% but it is not)

Hi Psychogamer! you seem to understand this way better than me, please what do i need to do to get the ncf and common folder for civilization IV because i really want to play, i have been at this for 3 days now and still no luck getting it to work! Plus i have looked for the ncf and gcf and common folders for it all i could get are the ncf file but i dont understand how to get the common folder files?!

Hi Psychogamer! you seem to understand this way better than me, please what do i need to do to get the ncf and common folder for civilization IV because i really want to play, i have been at this for 3 days now and still no luck getting it to work! Plus i have looked for the ncf and gcf and common folders for it all i could get are the ncf file but i dont understand how to get the common folder files?!

You need to find someone that bougth the game and ask him to upload the files. The probabilitys that someone that bougth it is going to upload it are few. I recomend that yo download a torrent, or google ot and mayve you will find a game that works :D.

Back