Using steam offline

jModels

FS Member
My question is simple and is something I have thought up today. I phish steam accounts. Fun eh? But not very often do you get to keep account for long. In some reare cases you can leep them forever but you always run the risk of losing them. Disabled or reclaimed accounts are fun.

So I was thinking. How do you keep an account...just so I'm able to play the games. An example being is I just stole something like crysis and I want to have time to play it but the account gets reclaimed. Well correct me if I'm wrong but you can keep and only run the account in offline mode. As long as the games are up to date there should be no problem palying them right? And if they get diabled it should not matter as you are doing it all localy and will not be effected unless you go online again. If I am wrong please stop here and tell me as I have not tryed this all out yet but so far its working fine.

So what I want is a method to save the information on the account to a disk so I can transfer it to another computer(s) and play it without ever having to go online on steam. So I should be able to transfer the nessary files to the computer and I should be able to log into the account offline and play. Even if the account is diabled and reclaimed or what ever it will not matter. Thus I have the games for as long as I want.

My theory is good yes? Up to the but about tranfering info across computers it should be fine and I should be able to keep the account even once disabled right?

As for the second part is this possible? All the information you need is on the computer and not online so it should be I'm guessing?

So...is it possible and what do you guys think? Sorry for any spelling and typos.

If you do it immediately, in theory this would perfectly, you just limit Steams connections most likely.

Thats good to know thank you. How would I go about doing that. Also note that I would still like to use some of my other accoutns in differnt directories online.

Also are there any other methods of keeping stolen accounts and have you come across this method I'm talking about before?

Best method of keeping a stolen account is to set steam friends to not auto sign in, don't change the password or email or any info on the account (especially not steam friends name, ughhh).
If you want to keep an account just for getting the games you should download CF Toolbox and then you just put the account info into it and use that to download and update the GCFs.
To play games offline use a steam emulator, or if you want to keep the account forever as you described logon to the account and tick save my password and then once you have logged in exit steam and in the steam folder make a new file called Steam.cfg and put in:
Code:
BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable
ForceOfflineMode=enable
Then run Steam and it should say 'Do you want to start in offline mode' right away :)

Thank you but Agret when I try the last mehod when using the .cfg I get an error could not connect to steam network. Seems strage seeing as I have just clicked lanch in offline mode....

Let me explain what I am after again in a slightly differnt way. Lets say I will be going to some place that has a computer with no internet connection and never will do ever. I want to be able to log in with steam there so I can play my single player games ect. Note that before I go I have a computer with an internet connection and steam installed.

SO....

You need go online once to set it to offline. But can I go online on the computer with the internet connection set it all to offline and then copy the files I need to take it to the computer with no internet connection so that first time it runs in offline mode? Is this possible? Do I need a program to do this?

I hope thats clear enought. :D Sorry if its not.

You need go online once to set it to offline. But can I go online on the computer with the internet connection set it all to offline and then copy the files I need to take it to the computer with no internet connection so that first time it runs in offline mode? Is this possible? Do I need a program to do this?
No this is not possible, however if you are strictly goign to be playing offline you may as well just copy the SteamApps folder and use SteamBuster or UCL or similar emulator to launch steam games direct from the GCF.

The reason it is not possible is because Steam has a unique encryption for each computer to secure the ClientRegistry.blob file, this is the file that saves your logon information and if you move it to another computer it is unreadable.

Back