Half Life 2 Help

gotxbrains

FS Member
I need help with Half Life 2. I have cracked steam client and I've played HL2 a while ago, got pretty far then uninstalled it because i wanted to play the first one first...

So i beat the first one and I've reinstalled the second one on the cracked steam except... well it seems like it's being treated as the demo

that is when the freaking thing actually plays... more on that later.

When I get in game I can start a new game and that's all, there's nothing to load (unless I saved or the autosaves) and I'll get to the part where you go to the neighborhood and the people say "they'll find a reason don't worry" and you walk into the open door there then everything fades to black and i get taken to the main menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no success.

Now about the starting problems... I can run it ONE TIME upon restart of the computer but then after that it'll say "Preparing to launch" then the window will disappear and nothing will happen. Sometimes i'll see a proccess called hl2.exe and it'll be at 1000 something kb... sometimes nothing at all.

need help please!

I need help with Half Life 2. I have cracked steam client and I've played HL2 a while ago, got pretty far then uninstalled it because i wanted to play the first one first...

So i beat the first one and I've reinstalled the second one on the cracked steam except... well it seems like it's being treated as the demo

that is when the freaking thing actually plays... more on that later.

When I get in game I can start a new game and that's all, there's nothing to load (unless I saved or the autosaves) and I'll get to the part where you go to the neighborhood and the people say "they'll find a reason don't worry" and you walk into the open door there then everything fades to black and i get taken to the main menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no success.

Now about the starting problems... I can run it ONE TIME upon restart of the computer but then after that it'll say "Preparing to launch" then the window will disappear and nothing will happen. Sometimes i'll see a proccess called hl2.exe and it'll be at 1000 something kb... sometimes nothing at all.

need help please!
try updated gfc and it might be your verson of steam of 64 bit happen on ,y bros dell but he got teleported to the zombie level

Hmm? I'm sorry but i'm not really able to decipher that post. Try sentences with periods perhaps?

What I can tell... I have verified the GCFs i have the latest version of steam, I don't have a dell...

I've gotten the game to play through past that part by deleting the whole steamapps folder and reinstalled it... but the opening problems still persist... any help with that?

Hmm? I'm sorry but i'm not really able to decipher that post. Try sentences with periods perhaps?

What I can tell... I have verified the GCFs i have the latest version of steam, I don't have a dell...

I've gotten the game to play through past that part by deleting the whole steamapps folder and reinstalled it... but the opening problems still persist... any help with that?

Are you using Undead 6.66?

Back