hey

Danthered

hey; i've had an account for ages but might start using it :) my name is daniel btw :)

one question; as this is freesteam.org the reason i came here is for free steam games (duh). How do i install the games; i know it has something to do with GCF's but i'm clueless and a noob (bad combo) and help would be welcome :)

Well go to our GCF forum and download all of the files needed for the game (there should be multiple GCF or NCF files). Once you do this go to the tools / launchers forum and find either a patch (such as undead) or launcher. These will allow you to run the games you have downloaded from the links our members and staff have provided. Remember you cannot run multiplayer games because that security is done server side at Valve so the rest of the world can't touch that. Only run single player games, unless you want to play on cracked servers.

Any other questions about it just post back or use search :).

first of all i'm using undead patch 3.33 that okay? and 2nd i've downloaded HL2 and ZPS as that was easy enough. so say i wish to download counter strike source... i follow this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomik
I found a version of counter-strike source client.gcf v56 on a german forum.
I try it and I tell you what is going on.
counter-strike source client.gcf v56

edit : tried and valid.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (the link)

download it; and extract it to steamapps using GCF scape?

make sure steam is closed then restart it
scroll to CSS and download?

No, don't use GCFscape that's only really needed if you need to extract files from the GCF to make changes to them (having a file in a GCF is ignored if it's extracted and in the same path in windows explorer). All you need to do is download the GCF and put in the steamapps folder. Patch steam with undead and run it using a blank account. You should see the game there and will be able to launch it. If it's a game like counter strike source you'll need the most updated client.gcf as this is a gcf that cannot be download with cracked steam (correct me if I'm wrong).

Once you have put the GCF in the steamapps folder just restart steam and everything should be good.

so i need the updated GCF's to not get the "steam servers are busy" problem?

and what do you mean by blank account?
and after i put the gcf file in the steamapp do i have to repatch?

by blank account he means to create a new steam account so it is "blank" or has no games, the reason for doing so is to make sure your steam account that you actually use to play "legit" games or games that you have purchased, doesnt get banned, disabled, ect. so if the blank account does get disabled it would of been 0 loss to you seeing that you didnt lose $$ on games that you had. hope that sums it up for ya :)
Nitestalkr OUT!

Back