Creating A Ragdoll For Gmod.

Samara

Ruination
Recently I've been looking for my own Spyro/Crash ragdoll for Gmod. None apparently have been made. This is due to PS2/PSX games having strange file types. People would more than likely rip from a PS2 game for better graphics, but anybody who's been into a PS2 game disc would know that the file types are just, well. Different. And they differ from CD to CD, there's no certain fyle types for PS2. I suppose Sony did this so only a bad-ass PS2 could read them. :/

But I've managed to find a Spyro 3D model, ripped from the PS2 game 'Spyro: Year of the Dragonfly'. It's completed with it's own texture files, in .png format. The 3D model is saved in .3DS format, and I am currently viewing it on Meshlab. I want to convert the model to work in Gmod, but I am really confused with what files I'll need to convert it to, what programs I'll need etc. I know I need to create an .mdl file and a texture file and stuff...But after looking at some articles I am really confused on where to go from here.

Will anybody be willing to help me? It'll certainly be a first for Gmod. :) And I'd love a Spyro ragdoll, and I bet a few others would too.

Back