G'day from AUS

oldfart

Hi guys,

I spotted this site about a week ago while searching for some way of injecting a Username and Password into Steam's login Dialog.

I made a post requesting assistance but, no doubt my intro was somewhat arse-about-tit ;)

I'm an Aussie and have been coding commercially for nearly 40 years :roll: - initially I was an Electronics Engineer - but I found Analysis/Design/Coding so much easier than worrying about earth loops and like shite.

I'm not 100% sure on what you guys are up to - but I will say I'm not fond of game hackers (I am Senior Clan Leader in a very successful Aussie clan with our own dedicated Server Box running about 14 x server instances).

I don't mind helping with things I consider reasonable and Community oriented and I am a very happy Steam User - BUT NOT A VALVE CONSUMER.

I pay for my games and those used by my sons - as well as a few that our clan uses on a "loan" basis. Hence, you may guess - that I disagree with certain parts of Valve/Steam's User agreement. Ergo my current project which I have nearly completed.

I hope this has served as a better intro' than my initial request!

cheers

Hi Erix920,

Thanks for the response!

The languages I currently use are:-
Compiled:
C,
C++

Scripting:
PHP,
JavaScript
MySQL

Comms Protocols:
HTTP:
TCP/IP
UDP
(Steam ;) )
RS232

Most of my commercial life has been as an Analyst/Programmer in Real Time, Embedded systems and Communications. Using Assembler, C, C++.

From Data General and IBM Mainframes to PICs, Micros - the interface to PC's.

I "disassembled", modified and made bucks out of Space Invaders I, II and III back in the early 80's :lol: (Plus Galaxian, Condor, Nichibutsu's games Moon Alien and Moon Cresta).

Yes, I suppose I am an original Hacker - but back in the 70's when we used to buy and convert existing (surplus) commercial/military hardware by "hacking it" - we weren't considered vermin. 8O

cheers
AnOldBloke

Impressive, we should collaborate and expand upon your advanced account manager (compared to anything else around). I don't code in c++ but I can provide you with concepts and ideas. How long have you worked work Steam based programming?

Back