Half Life 2 Episode One- It's episodic

gotxbrains

FS Member
I've been having a plethora of problems ever since I delved into this free steam thing, however I've ridden most out, hoping the end will be satisfying enough to outweigh the obstacles. Now I need help again...

I got the Half Life 2 Episode One GCF's and put them in, installed just fine (suprisedly) except doesn't run fine. Every time I open it up, it goes to the loading screen with a blurry picture and then after a while it closes and says, "Engine Error: Half life 2 is require to play mods" or something along those lines. It is followed by a windows error that says something like bad reference, terminating...

I have half life 2 installed on the same account.... I was thinking that it might be related to my other problem about the game going back and forth about thinking if I'm playing the demo or the full version of hl2... Any suggestions please?

u need the Full version of hl2 but itґs weird tha t itґs not ''standalone''
hl2ep1 shouldn't require hl2
try downloading the non steam version
(buggy but working)

u need the Full version of hl2 but itґs weird tha t itґs not ''standalone''
hl2ep1 shouldn't require hl2
try downloading the non steam version
(buggy but working)

I have the full version of half life 2... that's what I'm saying you can download half life 2 from cracked steam directly and I already did that...

Back