Would Sharing accounts work?

Disciple

I'm having trouble getting non-HL2 games to work. I'm only using Undead patch. For example CoD: WaW, or L4D.

Would someone who has these games already working, who shared their account, and let me log in to download the games through steam, then letting me log back into my account... would that let me play these games?

Just an idea.

Otherwise, can someone point me to a L4D link that works? I keep finding broken links.

For example, I downloaded GTA-SA, extracted files, but there is no GCF file. I don't know what to do to make it work. Steam just says that servers are too busy when I try the executable.

Please advise.

Well the point is that one will an account to #FAIL.
if you download NCF of GTASA put it in steamapps....
And if you just download through torrent,then you...use daemon tools and mount it...
You can get L4D here->clickdisfag and follow the instructions

Sharing an account with an untusted member is not safe for the owner so no sorry, besides i do not have those games and waw can easily be found on torrents and warz sites. Try freesteams partner site thedarkwarez.com

Yeah. I totally understand, it would be hard to trust someone like that. But I guess I'm just asking in theory, would it work?

If I used another account that owned, say, CoD:MW2, and used that account to legit download all necessary files. Then logged in with my own patched account, I would then have all necessary files and it would work smoothly... or would this not work at all?

Please advise.

Sharing an account with an untusted member is not safe for the owner so no sorry, besides i do not have those games and waw can easily be found on torrents and warz sites. Try freesteams partner site thedarkwarez.com

Now you can verify your account so no one can change your pw without knowing your secret answer and email login.

It's time to start sharing accounts I think :).

well 2 ppl can't be logged into the same account at the same time. the second person kicks the other person off when they log in. also i think the account will automatically be flagged by steam if all kinds of different ips are using the account. you could just claim you have multiple computers at different places that you use the account on and you use it at relatives houses lol. but i dont think it would work. and i dont think someone would be willing to share their account to try it.

The only way to know is just to try it. I don't know anyone personally that owns any of the games that you need to download the GCFs yourself.

Someone should just try it with someone they know.

I don't see why an account would get disabled. I can go to my friend's and log into steam at his house, then go back home and it works there. Its not like you would share the accounts all the time. You just use it to get the GCFs from steam, then go back to your patched account, you just get the GCFs that way.

Can anyone try this with someone they know??

Yes, it would work. You would be able to play it just like you would be able to keep games that you download for free weekends (With Undead Etc.). As long as the GCF files are in your steamapps folder, the game will show as 100% installed when you open steam under your own account.

Back